cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List Setup Ehnhancement

List Setup Ehnhancement

For those who don't know, the list setup feature dynamically changes the DXF code a Fabrication object will provide through (entget). While the same information could be obtained through other means, the speed associated with DXF is substantially better than the VLA-Object & Scripting options. In addition to speed, DXF is the only means to data mine large amounts of quality information from multiple dwg's using ObjectDBX.

These VLA properties need to be available in the List Setup. All but the midpoint is accessible through scripting, but I list them under VLA because it is still faster than scripting:

Service

Status

Midpoint (when applicable)

These Scripting exclusive properties need to be made available through List Setup:

DatabaseID

Service Type

Full ITM Path

3 Comments
tfs-us
Enthusiast

Update:

I also want/need access to "OPTION" values through list setup. It would be very helpful with regards to determining the natural flow (Inlet & Outlet) of a given item.

JHoward_HOB
Advocate

The power and usefulness of this feature being further developed was detailed at length here:

https://houseofbim.com/2016/10/07/autodesk-fabrication-list-setup-300s-dxf-codes/

aaron.tw
Alumni
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report