Did you mean: 

Text that can be arrayed and mirrored in a Dynamic Block

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
381 Views, 2 Replies

Text that can be arrayed and mirrored in a Dynamic Block

Hi Forumers,

I was wondering if there was a better way to array text within a block.

I've managed to make an adequate block with text that can be arrayed and can accommodate a mirror action using MTEXT. But if you mirror the block and use the flip function, then try to array it, the text appears outside of the block.

Can this be changed so that it doesn't appear outside of the block? Also, is there a way so that when you mirror the block with text as MTEXT the text doesn't flip?

Also, is there a way for the text to be an attribute and be array-able?

Note: MIRRTEXT = 1 for flip function to work

Thanks in advance,

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
neaton
in reply to: Anonymous

The attached Screencast shows how the block works for me and the text doesn't mirror outside the block. If you don't want Text or Mtext to mirror change MIRRTEXT=0 or don't add it to the flip parameter.

Please send snips of the final results you want with the flips because I am not understanding what the desired outcome is.

Attributes can't be added to an array parameter.

Nancy

@cherahk.joshuawrote:

Hi Forumers,

I was wondering if there was a better way to array text within a block.

I've managed to make an adequate block with text that can be arrayed and can accommodate a mirror action using MTEXT. But if you mirror the block and use the flip function, then try to array it, the text appears outside of the block.

Can this be changed so that it doesn't appear outside of the block? Also, is there a way so that when you mirror the block with text as MTEXT the text doesn't flip?

Also, is there a way for the text to be an attribute and be array-able?

Note: MIRRTEXT = 1 for flip function to work

Thanks in advance,

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: neaton

I've attached some images that show the blocks before and after completing some actions. All of the actions were carried out with MIRRTEXT=0.

Just to clarify I'm wondering if there is a way you can mirror a block and not have the text flip, while also having the functionality to array the text as well as the block.

As of now it seems you can only get one or the other without using a flip action for the block with mtext.

What I've got is adequate, I just wanted to see if it could be further improved.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services