Dynamic block text flip

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
alxnds5
1617 Views, 10 Replies

Dynamic block text flip

Hi there,

I'm currently working on a dynamic block that carries some text attributes (part hard coded and part linked fields). I need to be able to flip the text at the insertion point but maintain the text order and distance from the insertion point when flipping it from North to South. I attached an image to show what I mean as well as the dwg file. I want this to be a parameter/action instead of creating a different visibility. Does anyone know what the best approach would be for this?

block.PNG

Tags (2)
Labels (2)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: alxnds5

@alxnds5 wrote:

I attached ... the dwg file. 

No dwg file here. 

But before: 

Is this 

what you want?

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
Libbya

Add a point parameter at the midpoint of the text.  Set the point parameter's 'chained' property to YES.  Associate a move action with the point parameter.  Add the text to the move action's selection set.  Add the point parameter to the selection set of the flip action.  Remove the text from the flip action's selection set.  

Message 4 of 11
alxnds5
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

Apologies, here it is. I thought I had attached it. Yes that's the flip but it's not working for me - not sure if it makes a difference if the flip is vertical?

Message 5 of 11
Libbya

It took me several minutes to type up my last post.  Did you even bother to read it or try it out?  It describes step-by-step exactly how to do what you are asking for.    

Message 6 of 11
Libbya
in reply to: Libbya
Message 7 of 11
alxnds5

Hi Libbya,

Yes I tried but was having trouble with the last step or adding the point to the flip parameter. I didn't know the two could parameters could be associated. Thank you for showing the steps!
Message 8 of 11
alxnds5

is there a way the text of these attributes can be justified like in MTEXT format, meaning no gaps/spaces show when the attribute value is a single digit (see image). I tried creating an MTEXT in block editor but since I'm not in model space I can't pick the object to link the field with, wondering if this can be done a different way?

alxnds5_0-1676867430516.png

Message 9 of 11
Libbya

Use an attribute.  For the default value add whatever text you do not want to change and add fields for the text you do want to change (all within a single attribute value).  When the field values change, the length will automatically update.  

Message 10 of 11
alxnds5

Unfortunately I need multiple attributes for a data extraction, are there any other alternatives?
Message 11 of 11
Libbya

I don't see the problem.  Use a single attribute that has the necessary text and fields that reference the individual attribute values you need for data extraction.  In other words, make the attributes you need for data extraction so that they do not display.  Use the single attribute so that you can get the display the way you want it. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services