DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRUEVIEW OBJECT SNAP SETTINGS

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
sepower
10645 Views, 15 Replies

TRUEVIEW OBJECT SNAP SETTINGS

Some of the people in our office use Trueview but are annoyed that they have to pick an object snap choice each time they want another point.  Does trueview have a way to set default choices you want it to use for grabbing points, like autocad has?

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
john.vellek
in reply to: sepower

HI @sepower,

What kind of things are they trying to do that require this? When I use the measure command for instance, my cursor automatically finds an endpoint or intersection snap if I hover over the location. It confirms the point by displaying the snap that it is connecting to.

Are they doing something differently?

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 16
sepower
in reply to: john.vellek

As I now understand it, the person using trueview has to re-choose the
measure command each new measure but the object snaps does work. So he
finds that even though he wants to measure several different things, each 2
points he has to re-select the measure command.

Jeff Gottsacker

j.gottsacker@specializedelec.com

Drafting & Purchasing

Specialized Electric

1041 Thousand Oaks Trail

Verona, WI 53593

608-845-8484
Message 4 of 16
john.vellek

Hi Jeff,

So it isn't the snap but the actual command. Have him hit the space bar as this will repeat the last command.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 5 of 16
john.vellek

Hi sepower,

I am checking back to see if my post helped you with your problem. Please add a post with your results so other Forum users can benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Message 6 of 16
Jim_Melin
in reply to: john.vellek

We have the exact same issue and would like a further developed answer or solution to it.

The further extent of the problem is that you might need Nearest point first and then also Perpendicular or other snaps in a sequence, and DTV seems unable to remember several snap settings when repeating the command.

Also you need to redo the choices if you have used any other function between measurements.

With a lot of measurements to do this becomes "annoying" exactly as the original question so properly called it. In practical fact some 200% more unneccessary clicks and moving the pointer away from your area of operation.

We can't see the reason why snap preferences cannot be kept in a combination of your choosing like in regular Autocad and we wish to learn a way to set lasting defaults, or in case it is not possible, to make this a feature request for updates or future versions of DWG Truevuew.

Kindly

Jim Persson-Melin

CAD/BIM Consultant / Application Support

AEC AB - Advanced Engineering and Computation

Göteborg - Sweden

www.aec.se

Kindly
Jim Melin
AEC AB CAD Solution Support

www.aec.se
Message 7 of 16
john.vellek
in reply to: Jim_Melin

Hi @Jim_Melin,

Thanks for the input. I agree that additional feature enhancements would be a great addition to the product.

You might consider using A360 online for viewing the drawings.  I has much smarter snaps in my opinion.

Capture.PNG

John Vellek

Message 8 of 16
proyectosDDNRQ

Hello, I figured it out, press F9

Message 9 of 16
unclematt

No  @proyectosDDNRQ  . You said "Press the [F9] key"    Well, [F9] toggles "SNAP" on off, which is *NOT* the same as "OSNAP"

So, [F9] is NOT the solution at all.

Message 10 of 16
pendean
in reply to: unclematt
Message 11 of 16
unclematt

@pendean Nope... [F3] works in AutoCAD to toggle Osnaps, but it *does not* work in DwgTrueView, which is what we are discussing here.

Message 12 of 16
pendean
in reply to: unclematt

@unclematt My bad, lost track of what forum I was in: in DTV you can only type NON then <enter> or <spacebar> each and every time you don't want any running osnap before you click. Repeat before very other click.

Sadly Autodesk doesn't seem to have a feedback webpage for this free viewer so it will likely never change unless they slip it in by accident in a future version.

HTH
Message 13 of 16
Jim_Melin

Also, the issue is also that DTV does not rememeber chages in the snap-settings. You  have to redo them repeatedly if you want something else than the default snap priorities.

Kindly
Jim Melin
AEC AB CAD Solution Support

www.aec.se
Message 14 of 16
mnorona

Found someone, somewhere today who posted a solution to setting Running Osnaps in TrueView: 1-Begin the measure command. 2-at "first point" prompt, type: 'dsettings (apostrophe, dsettings). 3-the familiar dialog box will appear, select desired Running Osnaps (other settings also available). 4-Osnaps now active, continue with selecting 2nd point. These Osnap settings appear to remain in force for subsequent commands. Hope this helps! (but i cannot take credit, other than finding this by another). Enjoy!

Message 15 of 16
Peter2_1
in reply to: mnorona

... 2-at "first point" prompt, type: 'dsettings (apostrophe, dsettings). 3- ..

a) For heaven's sake! Is this the only way to invoke the settings command?

b) Works for me, thanks. (But improvement of a) would be better ..)

AutoCAD Map 3D 2023 German / Oracle
Message 16 of 16
ab_c

Spam?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report