Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion on how to make logo

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
zenkustumz
2425 Views, 4 Replies

Suggestion on how to make logo

Attached is a picture that i drew up and want to be able to emboss it onto parts i am designing..

I am not sure if i am using the correct wording? I want to use it like text to etch or engrave in a part.

Suggestions are welcomed. or links on how to accomplish this.

Thanks ya'll in advance 

John

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
zenkustumz
in reply to: zenkustumz

Sorry here is attached image

Message 3 of 5
Oceanconcepts

What format is your original artwork in? if it is in a bitmap format like .png the only thing you can do is to import it into Fusion as a canvas, and re-create the outline in a sketch using Fusion’s drawing tools to make closed shapes, then extrude them to make a solid you can use to cut into a part. 

If your original is in a vector based format, like Illustrator, you could possibly import it as a .csv file and use the resulting sketch. However, complex .csv files don’t always import as closed shapes, and if there are a huge number of line segments it will slow down Fusion and may lead to poor results. This doesn’t look as if this would be too difficult to trace over in Fusion using spline tools, and that would probably lead to better outcomes. 

There is some information on extruding and embossing here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/design-validate-document/can-someone-show-me-how-to-emboss-text-on-a-r...

and here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYpDpDGdX5g

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

Message 4 of 5
dual533

John,

I just did a small part of your logo using the "attached canvas" command the then sketch with the line tool mainly. (with the spline tool it seems more difficult when there are straight lines).

Have a look at the attached pictures. Hope it helps you.

Best regards

*John*

Message 5 of 5
zenkustumz
in reply to: dual533

thats awesome.. Thank you. now it makes scense.

Thank you very much

John

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report