Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Components out of date" Message error?

49 REPLIES 49
Message 1 of 50
Anonymous
2718 Views, 49 Replies

"Components out of date" Message error?

Various times throught the day, on many different files, I get a warning that tells me two components are out of date. But any files I am working on are not out of date (and the message appears even on files that do not have linked components).

I have attached a screenshot showing the message I recieved today and you can see the component is not out of date and in fact there aren't two components linked, or other files open.

What is this message talking about? Is it possible to see what file it is referring to?

Thanks!

49 REPLIES 49
Message 41 of 50
Anonymous
in reply to: ahsan.autodesk

And here I am again, being annoying (sorry Smiley Embarassed).

We have a few other users here in house, and it turns out, one of them are seeing the same behavior - the same message, etc. On files he creates as well. (these are in the "general drawings" folder, I do the work in the "Fabricated cases" side, and we both end up in "standard products" and "customer drawings".

I've asked him to pass on screenshots/screencasts of when it occurs for him as well. We are both working to reproduce it now.

Message 42 of 50
ahsan.autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

Appreciate your posts. Good to work with such responsive users.

I'm not sure the reinstall could've changed any behavior. It should definitely not have made the messages appear more frequently. Anyways, I'm adding code to shut these messages in the CAM workspace for sure. That change won't be part of the upcoming early-May update though. That train has already left the station ... I hope to catch the next release train after that.

Regards,
Ahsan
Ahsan Ali
Fusion Senior Software Architect
Message 43 of 50
Anonymous

Okay, good to hear Smiley Happy

When you get a date, let me know please, and I'll keep an eye out for the messages after that update.

Thanks for all the help!

Message 44 of 50
ahsan.autodesk

Hi there,
The team believes we've checked in the necessary changes to block the out-of-date messages to appear in the CAM workspace. Please let us know if you continue to see them after the update (which will come out hopefully in the third week of this month).
Thx and regards,
Ahsan
Ahsan Ali
Message 45 of 50
Anonymous

Hi @ahsan.autodesk

I was just thinking about this - because I haven't seen it since the last update. Neither has my coworker.

So, I'll be sure to follow back up if it does happen.

Thanks!

Message 46 of 50
Anonymous

Hello @ahsan.autodesk

Perhaps it's a bit late but I've figured out how to reproduce it! Yay! Smiley LOL The steps to reproduce work on my coworkers computer as well. It is currently still occuring on both of our computers (Macs).

Start with two files - Original File and CAM file let's call them.

Insert Original file into CAM file.

While in the CAM workspace of CAM file, open Original File.

Update Original File.

Go back to CAM file (still in CAM workspace) and open the Data Panel (do not update out of date references).

Right click on CAM file in Data Panel (still not updated!) and choose "Share Link".

The "out of date" message then appears in the CAM workspace! Smiley Happy And it keeps appearing in the CAM space of any file until I quit Fusion.

Then, it lays in wait until I share an out of date file while in the CAM space again.

I share files often - between coworkers and customers - so this is a semi-regular occurance - opening a CAM file that may not be updated and sharing it. I've been getting better about keeping things updated so I've been seeing it less. That's why I noticed right away today when it showed up when I was sharing a file.

Here's a screencast too! Smiley Very Happy I'm kind of excited I managed to figure it out.

Thanks for your assistance!
Message 47 of 50
ahsan.autodesk

Yippee!! This is great news indeed. I'll try to reproduce it locally, and then hopefully, we can truly fix it.
Thx for your help @Anonymous
Regards,
Ahsan
Ahsan Ali
Message 48 of 50

Hi @Anonymous,
Just wanted to mention that I was able to reproduce the problem using the steps that you mentioned!! We'll investigate the reason soon.
Thx again for your help
Regards,
Ahsan
Ahsan Ali
Message 49 of 50

Created internal issue UP-28596 for tracking purposes
Ahsan Ali
Message 50 of 50
Anonymous

@ahsan.autodesk

Excellent! Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for you help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report