Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to print!!!

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
jim3thornton
2420 Views, 11 Replies

Unable to print!!!

I had a task to provide the clearance dimensions under all of the structural beams in the project.

Using ADR 2011, I used the stamp command to label all the conditions. Once this task was complete, I was unable to print, either to the printer or to pdf. That is not completely true, since a blank sheet was produced in each attempt.

It appeared that the printing was occuring, but nothing was being read.

I would have posted the image, but it is too large for this site (over 2 mb).
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: jim3thornton

print parameters perhaps: what did preview show?

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 3 of 12
jim3thornton

within the print dialogue box, the preview shows the sheet, but when i print...the printing box comes up....no action awhile, no blue bar gradually extending across the box...then it is off and the resulting pdf is empty...no image
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

When I try to Plot a DWF to PDF, DR2011 hangs sometimes. I've found that if I drag the DWF file into an open Bluebeam session (I suspect Adobe will behave the same way), it creates the PDF.

We haven't had the issue when plotting to a physical plotter.

John
Message 5 of 12
whtank

You can upload your DWF file to our FTP server for us to investigate in more detail.
Please login the FTP server with below information:
Server: ftp://files.autodesk.com
LoginID: discussion
Password: ADR2009CST

Please let me know if you have uploaded it.

-Tank
DWF/ADR Product Support

Tank
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD-CPG
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 12
jim3thornton

I have uploaded the dwf file and a pdf of the result to the FTP site.

Retail Exhibit - Building 2 - Clear Head Room Dim.dwfx
Message 7 of 12
jim3thornton
in reply to: whtank

Has anyone reviewed the file that I had posted?

Message 8 of 12
whtank

Sorry for response late and thank you for your supplying files for me to investigate.

I have downloaded the two files you supplied and tested the printing with some kinds of PDF printers. However I cannot reproduce this issue.
I have also uploaded two PDF files created by 'Adobe PDF' and 'PDF Creator' printers into the FTP server.

I would like to know what kind of printer and paper size you are using to print DWF to PDF.

Tank
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD-CPG
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 12
jim3thornton

I had tried to print to a konica minolta 350 and to cute pdf writer.  In both cases nothing printed.

were you able to print?

could there have been a memory issue?

a solution would help convince the team that this is a valuable and reliable tool.

Message 10 of 12
whtank

Yes, I just installed a ‘PDF Writer’ printer, test it, as a result I can print it correctly.

Could you print it correctly with smaller paper size? I can print it correctly with all kind of paper size.

I found the DWF file you supplied is composite of raster elements, there is an option called ‘Color Quality’ in the ‘Advanced Print Options’, the default value is ‘High’. Please choose the ‘Low’ option and click OK to print.

Tank
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD-CPG
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 12
jim3thornton

it worked!!!!

i tried multi sheets sizes and a snap shot

is the low resolution suggestioned documented somewhere?  like to would find it?

thank you

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

When printing using ADR 2012 the application freezes in the print / nothing happens.

the original print is approx 25MB file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report