Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lathe CAM weird "pecking" finishing pass

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
damincin
856 Views, 5 Replies

Lathe CAM weird "pecking" finishing pass

I don't think I saw this behavior earlier in the week, but with the latest update I'm seeing some weird "pecking" type motion on this final fillet.  However, this only happens if I have Repeat Finishing Pass selected.  It doesn't do it on the first pass, only on the repeated pass.

Thanks,

Dave

Lathe_CAM.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jeff.walters
in reply to: damincin

can you export this to a .f3d file and either post it here or send it to cam.support@autodesk.com please. 

Jeff Walters
Senior Support Engineer, CAM
Message 3 of 6
damincin
in reply to: jeff.walters

Here's the exported file.

Dave

Message 4 of 6
jeff.walters

I have reported this on ticket CAM-2303. The only workaround I can come up with is to turn off the repeat finishing profile and do a second operation without the roughing.

Jeff Walters
Message 5 of 6
damincin
in reply to: jeff.walters

Jeff,

Just to be clear, if the intent here is to do a true spring pass there's really no way to do that, is there?

I tried adding another op, but unless I left material behind from the previous one I get a no tool path generated warning.

Thanks,

Dave

Message 6 of 6
jeff.walters

not at the present thats the part that has a bug. once its been fixed than yes you will be able to get your spring pass in the one operation. 

Jeff Walters

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report