Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile from Layout

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
356 Views, 4 Replies

Profile from Layout

Hello, I have a grind and overlay project for an existing corridor. We are keeping existing grades for most of the project but are raising the grade in a few spot locations. I created a CL alignment and a 'Profile from Layout" where I drafted in the proposed finished grade using the profile layout tools. I also have a FG surface with feature lines for some new islands. How would I go about adding or linking the CL elevations in my profile into my FG surface?

I'd like to be able to check how adjusting the CL/crown elevations in my profile affects the road cross slopes and also eventually create a volume surface to get quantities.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Anonymous

not quite sure what you have going on that you have a finished grade surface before you finish your mill and overlay.

Using a surface profile of FG would maintain a dynamic link. 

Is your FG surface only the curb islands and you wan to tie them to the rehab assembly? 

Im guessing your layout profile for the M&O would follow EG, fG And the raised spots to get a M&O surface. them make a blank surface to pasts M&O & FG together?

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
AllenJessup
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

@Anonymous 

Create a Surface Profile and add it to the Profile View.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Thank you for the reply! What I ended up doing was creating a feature line from alignment and selecting the profile by layout that I created with my CL elevations. I made sure to check the box at the bottom to create a dynamic link to the alignment. Now if I raise or lower the PVI elevations in my profile, the feature line elevations will update accordingly.

Lastly, I added this feature line to my FG surface as a breakline. Since the lip of gutter of the roadway is being held, I can toy with the CL crown elevations in my profile and see how the cross slopes of the road change with some slope labels. There is probably a neater/faster way to achieve this but this got me to my end result.

Message 5 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: AllenJessup

Hi Allen

Yeah I didn't quite get what the OP was going for. Thanks

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report