Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Groups Do Not Update Fluidly

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
punisher
1762 Views, 6 Replies

Point Groups Do Not Update Fluidly

Dos anyone know / experience why Point Groups do not update properly? In many cases after updating each group manually, then the mastter collection, we have to edit the group properties, after which the group will update.

This causes the user to have to know every detail about a group in order to verify that the update was performed properly.

This should not be the case.

John Evans
Autodesk Certified Professional

http://designandmotion.net
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
annw2
in reply to: punisher

I also find that they don't update as all the manuals/classes say they should.

Ann Wingert, P.E.
Message 3 of 7
doni49
in reply to: punisher

1) what version are you using?

2) what exactly do you mean when you say they don't update?  If you meant that you need to right-click on Point Groups and click Update, then yes I get that regularly.  If you mean that you have to update EACH PG separately, then No -- I've never had that happen.

I'm current using C3D 2014 and previously used C3D 2012.  Both versions exhibit the same issue:

After I import survey data, I need to right click on Point Groups then Update.  This causes all groups to update.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 7
rl_jackson
in reply to: doni49

I to do the same thing, nothing out of the ordinary about that.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
annw2
in reply to: doni49

I thought they were supposed to automatically update when you changed the
order. Will try to remember the extra step.
Ann Wingert, P.E.
Message 6 of 7
jefflambert9091
in reply to: annw2

I was hoping that we would have the option of the automatic update like we do for surfaces.

Like point groups, if you have a small surface then automatic updates really don’t bog down and it can be very convenient. Just one example… It sucks having to remember to go update your point group that’s associated with your surface.

Jeff
Civil 3D 2024
Message 7 of 7
Jeff_M
in reply to: jefflambert9091

The Sincpac-C3D add-on package has an Automatic Point Group Updater option. http://www.quuxsoft.com/SincpacC3D_Help/SP_PGUpdateEnabled.htm
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report