Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overlapping corridor regions

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
demus72
1324 Views, 1 Reply

overlapping corridor regions

Hello, I am creating a corridor for a road that consists of one alignment and a design profile. I initially created the corridor from beginning to end using the same assembly and then went back to identify station ranges to insert regions that will transition my daylight slopes.

Is it possible to have an assembly for the left side of the road and an assembly for the right side of the road and create regions that overlap station ranges? I have a left daylight transition and a right daylight transition happening in the same location but the left slightly sooner than the right. I'd like to use left lane and right lane assemblies to create overlapping regions. For example, I have a left lane transition region from station 1000 to 1050 and a right lane transition region from station 1025 to 1075 for the different daylight transitions happening on opposite sides. Is this possible?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Jowennl
in reply to: demus72

Hi @demus72,

This is doable as what you describe. First make your corridor using left side assembly, say align mc10 and profile mc10. Then in the same corridor click add new baseline and pick the same alignment mc10 and profile mc10. Select the new baseline and add region and use your right side assembly. You can have as many baseline you want and can even pick other alignment and other assembly.

Cheers,

Jowenn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report