Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

high-res aerial tif file is blurry in viewport that is zoomed in

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Tim_Maguire
589 Views, 3 Replies

high-res aerial tif file is blurry in viewport that is zoomed in

hi,

I've attached a high quality TIF (688MB) using 'Connect' > 'add raster image or surface'>'connect'> 'add to map' and the image is blurry when zoomed in, in both model space and in viewports that are zoomed in. How can i get civil 3d to use the full resolution of this tif? 

It shows up in the correct location under contours made from a point cloud file, it's just nowhere near its regular resolution that it has when it's viewed as a tif file without autocad. 

I cannot find a working solution anywhere and I believe that I am likely missing something simple. Thank you!

Tim

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
doben
in reply to: Tim_Maguire

Does it also plot blurry?

There is a setting "imagequality" . Maybe yours is set to draft?

The setting only affects what you see on screen, not the plot quality.

How about if you insert it using Mapiinsert.

Message 3 of 4
Tim_Maguire
in reply to: doben

Hi!
Mapiinsert did the trick. Thanks! I'm not sure why "attaching" and "connecting" blurred the resolution, but that's autoCAD.
(Yes it plotted blurry as it appeared on the screen, and yes imagequality was already high.)
Thanks again.

tim

Message 4 of 4
doben
in reply to: Tim_Maguire

Tim, glad to hear it worked. 

I usually use the mapiinsert method as it gives more control; clipping, fading. (unless there's ways I'm not aware of with the "connection" method).  I've never noticed an improvement with performance either with the connection method.

Don

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report