Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic COGO Points

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
khaledCULN8
821 Views, 7 Replies

Dynamic COGO Points

Hi,

i have a regular COGO point group. 

the problem is , whenever there is a change in the corridor, the elevation that the COGO points display does not change. 

isn't COGO points supposed to be dynamic? to be updated whenever there is a change in the corridor?

thanks for the help,

khaled

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rl_jackson
in reply to: khaledCULN8

This would be a nice feature, everything is dynamic except cogo points.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
Jeff_M

This can be accomplished using the 3rd party application, Sincpac-C3D which has a tool to link points to a surface (or other C3D objects). By linking to the corridor surface the points will update whenever that surface is updated.

http://info.quuxsoft.com/SincpacC3D_Help/SP_DLPoints.htm

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 8
Joe-Bouza

No, but Pipe network structures styled to look like COGO points do.

If you aren't talking about thousands of point it might be right for you. My favorite part is you can get a dynamic table with station offset. I use it for most anything that I want tabulated. signs, poles, furnishings etc...

Joe Bouza
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
Joe-Bouza

Oh I forgot. They can also be dref'd

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
CADvisers
in reply to: Jeff_M

I'll throw out a big recommendation to look into Sincpac as Jeff mentioned.  There are many time saving tools in the product.

Jonathan Stewart
CADvisers
P.O. Box 7811
Lancaster, PA 17604
Ph. 717-468-3111

Message 7 of 8
lynn_zhang

Hello @khaledCULN8 ,

Did the suggestion from @Jeff_M help answer your question? If yes, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button in his reply so this helps other users in the community find the solution too. Thanks!

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 8 of 8
ymanzi

I came across the same issue and what I did was anytime I updated the proposed surface, I would do a select similar on all Cogo points, right click and select "Elevations from surface". Once you select elevations from surface a box will come up that allows you to select the surface you want the Cogo points to pull elevations from. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report