Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daylight Rounding-Parabolic Curve Lenght Issue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sibeljeo
612 Views, 4 Replies

Daylight Rounding-Parabolic Curve Lenght Issue

Hello Dears

While I am doing Daylight Rounding, I have Rounding lenght issue. At similar height it is doing different lenghts. I created sub. at SAC, but, i had same result. I tried 2 ways at autocad (lenght and raidus) but everytime i have same issue. I want same straight rounding curve lenght  on all way. Please Help me. @KMercier_C3D 

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: sibeljeo

Daylight rounding using a radius will have a varying length but you should have a consistent length if you are defining the rounding by length. I was not able to recreate your issue. If you share your .pkt file we may be able to figure out why it is being inconsistent.

My version of the daylight rounding PKT file is attached. Just change the .zip to .pkt after you download.

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Tags (2)
Message 3 of 5
sibeljeo
in reply to: KMercier_C3D

Hello Kati when i  use your pkt, it works as below.

4.jpg 

this is what i want what i added below always same round lenght 8 tesellations. 

5.jpg

But when i check my crossections at some stations(not everywhere) it gives me this problem as below6.jpgfor that reason i am sending my pkt. i hope you will show a way to me.

Message 4 of 5
sibeljeo

is there anyone who can help me

Message 5 of 5
KMercier_C3D

It is difficult to trouble shoot the issue you are having with the screen shots you are providing without seeing what the existing contours are doing and what the cross section is applicable to the various places where it is providing inconsistent grading. I can not recreate your issue. 

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report