Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curb Corridor Surface Corners not modeling correctly

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
kadebrunson
186 Views, 5 Replies

Curb Corridor Surface Corners not modeling correctly

Hey all,

I developed a workflow for grading parking lots. I use a feature line at the edge of pavement and set elevations, then run a curb only assembly down the feature lines, then do a grading infill on the parking lot and add feature lines as necessary for drainage.

For some reason, the corners in my curb surface are not turning out right. It's like the boundary is shooting across the corners rather than going all the way to the extents of the corridor. Does anyone know a solution to this or know of a better workflow which will avoid this issue? I'll attach a picture of what I'm describing.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cwr-pae
in reply to: kadebrunson

It's from the way corridors build themselves.

You can create a new region at the corner with really close spacing (0.1 or so) on the assemblies. Or radius the corners by a really small amount - 0.01 usually works pretty well and isn't very noticeable. Or insert a region just before and just after (0.01 each way), don't assign an assembly to the region and draw a FL to fill the area at the back of curb, snap to the curb back on each end and set the same elevation at the middle, then add the FL to your surface.

Each has its own advantages and drawbacks. Personally, I almost always use the curve.

Message 3 of 6
kadebrunson
in reply to: cwr-pae

Awesome, thanks. Do you know of a way to fillet a feature line or am I going to have to recreate and reassign elevations?

Message 4 of 6
cwr-pae

cwrpae_0-1698959596701.png

In the ribbon when you select a FL or type "FilletFeature". Pay attention to the command line after invoking.

Message 5 of 6
Kevin.Spear

pretty easy actually. All horizontal and vertical editing of a feature line is in the C3D contextual tab for FL's. https://help.autodesk.com/view/CIV3D/2024/ENU/?guid=GUID-516C0333-EA36-40EF-9672-B99ADBD57BFD
Thanks
Kevin

Kevin Spear, PE
Message 6 of 6
kadebrunson
in reply to: cwr-pae

I'm not sure how I've never seen that. Thank you a ton.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report