Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross section vertical grid

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
m.castaldi
1347 Views, 10 Replies

Cross section vertical grid

Hello everybody.

I need a help about cross section vertical grid.

As shown in image attached the profile in brown is EG, the red one is FG. 

First line of bands notes EG elevation, second line FG elevation. In both labels are set at profile slope changes.

Now what I wish to do is to set the vertical grid lines corresponding to EG slope changes. How can I do that?

To be more specific I wish to set two different of vertical lines: the first related to EG slope changes and the second related to FG slope changes. Is it possible to do that?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
wfberry
in reply to: m.castaldi

Everywhere your ex. ground crosses a tin triangle, you will have a vertical line.

Bill

Message 3 of 11
m.castaldi
in reply to: wfberry

Sorry Bill, I did not get the point of your answer.

I am a new C3D user, could you explain me better how to set vertical grid line at EG slope point?

Just to be sure I explained well the problem I found, in image attached to this reply I wish to set vertical grid line at same place of band first row. How can I do that?

Message 4 of 11
wfberry

Your surfaces are made up of points and the number of tin lines (normally turned off) can be somewhat staggering.  My point is you could possibly have more vertical lines than you think.

Bill

Message 5 of 11
m.castaldi

I understand what you mean, but I don't get the following thing.

If in cross section style tab I activate primary and secondary grid, why I obtain many vertical grid  lines but in different postion with respect to band labels (see image attached)? Shouldn't they be partly in the same position?

Message 6 of 11
wfberry

Perhaps you could attach a dwg file that represents what your question is.

Thanks,

Bill

Message 7 of 11
m.castaldi

Hi Bill,

at the following link you can download the example file (https://we.tl/t-ODKetpRT8T).

Inside you're going to find 2 sample cross section as image attached:

*Cross section above is original C3D cross section

*Cross section below is the example showing the result I wish to obtain.

Thanks for your kindness

Marco

Message 8 of 11
Jeew-m

Hi,

Looking at your drawings I get the following errors.

1. Your corridor which is sampled in to section views does not have a profile which means somewhere after creation the corridor you have delete the profile. The corridor is not correct.

2. The surface which we see in the section may a the corridor surface. But since there is no corridor the surface is wrong.

3. Go to properties of the surface which we see in the section view. You can see there is no data it.

What I believe is that you are seeing is some residual data which is not accurate. Solve the above issues may solve your problem.

Thanks

Jeewana Meegahage
Design Engineer
Autodesk Civil 3D Tutorials
Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn

Message 9 of 11
m.castaldi
in reply to: Jeew-m

Hi, I deleted corridor and design profile voluntarily since they are not related to the problem of my thread.

The profile you see in cross section is just EG, no FG is plotted.

With reference to the attached image I just want to know how to set vertical cross section plot grid at the same position of band labels. In image attached, the cross section at the top is the original cross section, the image in the bottom is a copy (exploded) which show the result I expect to obtain.

Thanks

Thanks

Message 10 of 11
Jeew-m

Actually that is impossible. What you can do is have grids at profile grade line. That does not mean the section grade breaks. I think you have misunderstood.

Jeewana Meegahage
Design Engineer
Autodesk Civil 3D Tutorials
Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn

Message 11 of 11
m.castaldi
in reply to: Jeew-m

Thus unfortunately as of now it is not possible to obtain the result I need.

Thank you.

This is what I needed to know.

Best wishes

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report