Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Alignment Offsets

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jrothman412
459 Views, 3 Replies

Corridor Alignment Offsets

Im new to corridors and in the process of learning them,

I was wondering when you offset an alignment for the R/L EOP. At the intersection,

once you add the curb returns does autocad ignore the two lines that remain after the fillet

(that would normally trim away using a poly line for example)?

Also I was running into the alignment fillet command not working, I tried several radius sizes that would have fit. I think my elevations may have been an issue. Any basic tips I should follow would be awesome.

jrothman412_0-1681469759010.png

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Gil_C
in reply to: jrothman412

Civil 3D does not ignore the offset alignments or the profiles created by them. It allows you to create a corridor where you can cut out the area/information you do not need. With that said, you will need to create a baseline starting the corridor at the end of your connected alignment.

Message 3 of 4
jrothman412
in reply to: Gil_C

Thank you for the response. I may not have pointed out the offset alignment lines that I'm referring to, after the combine alignment fillet command is used. I feel these lines should be ignored afterwards?

jrothman412_0-1681552823823.png

Message 4 of 4
My_Civil_3D
in reply to: jrothman412

when you create a region for the intersection yo are going to add a baseline and when that happens you are going to choose the connected alignment radius, thus civil 3d will ignore the section of the offset alignments and use the connected alignments that you created and chose 

Civil 3D Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report