Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3d 2021: Could not load file or assembly 'AeccAdpMgd.dll' or one of its dependencies.

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
TheCanadianPrimate
5957 Views, 18 Replies

Civil 3d 2021: Could not load file or assembly 'AeccAdpMgd.dll' or one of its dependencies.

Clicking continue will open Civil 3D but the menus are not loaded.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Hi @TheCanadianPrimate ,

I’m so sorry to hear that there were issues that prevented you from installing or using Civil 3D 2021.

In some cases, the issue may be due to the antivirus software you have in your machine and they may have quarantined the dll files in the product installation folder. You will need to download the installer to correct the issue. 

Can you try these steps: 

1. Delete the Civil 3D installation folder from the location it was extracted to (C:\autodesk) by default
  2. Disable the antivirus software completely.
  3. Re-download and extract through the Autodesk Virtual Agent.
  4. Run the Civil 3D installation again.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you still have issues. 

Wendy Lim

Data Nerd | Community Advocate | AEC Industry

facebook twitter twitter blogs pm

Join the new online Rail Community

Customer Value Hub

Message 3 of 19

Uninstalled and reinstalled as per above,. Didn't work, now I am being asked about proxy graphics on startup, when I make any choice I immediately get an exception error.  See attached.

Civil 3D 2020 works fine on the same machine.

Tags (2)
Message 4 of 19

Hi @TheCanadianPrimate ,

When you start Civil 3D 2021, 2 questions:

1. Did you get the proxy information dialog box even when loading OOTB Civil 3D 2021 template?
  2. When Civil 3D crashed, did you get a dialog box to submit the crash? If you do, can you pm me the email address you enter to submit the crash so that I can look it up in our crash database. 

Wendy Lim

Customer Value Hub

Message 5 of 19

1.  Guessing it is loading the default as I have changed nothing.

2. Email sent to your PM.

Message 6 of 19

I am having the exact same issue. Did you ever find a solution?

Message 7 of 19

I tried repairs and reinstall to no avail not to mention other solutions on the web.  My final solution was to totally wipe Windows 10 and start over.  Over the years I had collected/installed many versions of Infraworks, Civil 3D and others and I believe this created registry problems leading to my issue.

It was actually quite less painful than I thought and now all runs well.

Message 8 of 19

Thanks for the reply! If my last couple efforts to fix it don't work I will have to go that route

Message 9 of 19
GZE
Advocate
in reply to: adamS9W2M

Hi i have same problem after reinstalling 2022, did you manage to solve your problem?

Humphrey GZE
Civil 3D 2013 64bit SP1
Elitebook 8540w
Core i7 2.8GHz, 8Gig RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX880
160Gb SSD
Message 10 of 19
t.stevens4PKTP
in reply to: GZE

Me too. I'm able to find the missing 'AeccAdpMgd.dll' file in the folder: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Temp\{10D9CD4B-857C-31F4-9BDD-281EA33D53A7}\x64\C3D\PF\Root\C3D. Should I copy it to another folder so it can be found by the software? Other solutions?

Message 11 of 19

Great. I just installed C3D 2022 from a deployment which also included Infraworks and Vehicle Tracking. I'm getting the same issue. I'd rather avoid a complete overhaul of my machine even though it's probably time to do so anyway. Right before the install I uninstalled C3D2021.

Message 12 of 19
drenaud
in reply to: lim.wendy

@lim.wendyI have same issue with release C3D 2022. I sent error report. my email is drenaud-at-madisonwater.org. Error report is 311062660. My notes on the error report were:

Trying to succcessfully install C3D 2022. 2020 & 2021 had been installed iniotially. but 2022 did not run. SO I did clean uninstall on all autodesk products and reinstalled 2022. It will open after Continuing past error "Could not load file or assembly 'AeccAdpMgd.dll' or one of its dependencies." but there is a fatal exception as soon as I try to open a file. I also uninstalled/reinstalled all C++ redistributables and ran Microsft .NET repair before reinstalling C3D 2022.

I installed on 7 machines. Three machines had C3D 2021 also installed and these three machines have been problematic updating to C3D 2022, requiring clean uninstalls, etc. The other five I had no issues.

PLEASE ADVISE.

Message 13 of 19
lim.wendy
in reply to: drenaud

@drenaud ,

I will check and update you. Thanks for letting me know

Wendy Lim

Customer Value Hub

Message 14 of 19
lim.wendy

@drenaud ,

I submitted a case on your behalf as it needs further troubleshooting. Thanks for sharing all the details. Someone from technical support team will reach out to you. 

Wendy Lim

Customer Value Hub

Message 15 of 19

I resolved the issue above by:

• Clean uninstall (including thorough cleaning of register)
  • Temporary shutdown of all security / antivirus software
  • Download via Autodesk Virtual Agent (https://ava.autodesk.com/modular/)

Apparently downloading the required 'AeccAdpMgd.dll' file is blocked by (some?) antivirus software?

Message 16 of 19
GZE
Advocate

I ended up resetting windows. To solve this problem

Humphrey GZE
Civil 3D 2013 64bit SP1
Elitebook 8540w
Core i7 2.8GHz, 8Gig RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX880
160Gb SSD
Message 17 of 19

On one machine that had 2021 on it we had to format C: and reinstall the OS to get it to work. On another also with 2021 I did clean uninstall of all A-desk products, then went into the registry and deleted the hundreds of references to Autodesk by searching for them. Then ran a regcleaner which found more autodesk keys so i deleted those too (I backed up the registry first). I deleted every instance of Autodesk files i could find on the local disk, including C:\Users|<username>\AppData folders for all users, and the files in Program Files, Program Files (x86) and Program Data. I did my best to remove any and all traces of adesk from the machine. Then i uninstalled/reinstalled all C++ redistributables, and used the Microsoft install and repair tools for all instances of .NET on the machine - and it worked, C3D 2022 installed and ran correctly. It would have been easier to flash the machine with an OS ISO and be done with it, but that means taking it downtown to IT and having them do it, but with traffic and parking and lugging the machine up to the 5th floor IT dungeon that is unpleasant..

The other machine that *was* flashed has a problem still. I have somewhat elevated privileges so that I can install 2022 products in our group and I can run the software just fine. The user who's machine this is can't. we have tried adding him to both power user and admin group (local) but it flashes the configuring civil 3d dialog for about 1/10th of a second and that's it - it won't run and acad.exe is not running as per Task manager. before reinstalling the OS he got the error AutoCAD application has stopped working about 2 seconds after starting the app. I have no idea why one user can use the software and another can't. guess I'm going to have to fire his saa.

Note - I installed on six machines that had 2020 installed, but not 2021 and they installed and worked perfectly the first try.

Message 18 of 19
drenaud
in reply to: t.stevens4PKTP

On the machine that I got this error (the one where I did a super-ultra clean uninstall as per other post) i first tried copying this file from a machine that works. No joy - it merely went and found a problem with another .dll. So I copied ALL files (not folders) from C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2022 and it still wouldn't run.

See my other post about removing every bit of autodesk I could from the machine before successfully getting 2022 to install and run.

Message 19 of 19
GTVic
in reply to: TheCanadianPrimate

This occurred for us after installing 2022 when 2019 was already installed and working.

1. Sign out of all older Autodesk products
  2. Make sure you have the latest licensing component
  3. Sign in with newest product

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report