Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bricscad to C3D POINTS question.

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
jhwfoat
320 Views, 13 Replies

Bricscad to C3D POINTS question.

Alright I've searched for longer than I know I should have on this. We recently updated our two computer system at the office to windows 10 and C3D (I have 2022 through school). We have BricsCAD (unsure of year) with eagle point running over the top of it. (I know it's old, my dad is a "if it aint broke don't fix it" guy).  The problem I am running into now is taking our old surveys/dwg files and opening them in C3D, the layer POINTS that they are in that was made a ran in Bricscad for years, won't show up as points for me in civil. Is there a way to get this to work without having to place points on every single point again and manually typing in the description/elev. ect...? I'll attach a file of a random drawing so you can see what I am talking about. It's like they show up as nodes/points in C3D but if i select one or multiple ones they arent considered "points" or don't show up in the prospector tab. I moved the points/nodes in the drawing off the the right of it. HELP! I'm trying to prove my old man wrong by upgrading and this is basically the only problem I haven't been able to over come. Thanks in advance!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pHqKyj8BfO9YuJB8Pi3wok2_aJMQ3l-N/view?usp=sharing 

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
tcorey
in reply to: jhwfoat

If you explode those Briscad Points, they leave AutoCAD Points. These can be converted into Civil 3D COGO Points using _AeccCreatePtConvertAdeskPts command.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 14
jhwfoat
in reply to: tcorey

I’ll give it a shot! I exploded them before I posted this but still could not figure it out. I’ll report back shortly. Thanks for the fast response. 

Message 4 of 14
jhwfoat

So now the only problem with that is I still have to rename every single point with a description.. Any ideas for that? Some drawings have hundreds of points so that would be a pain and very time consuming.

Message 5 of 14
Pointdump

Hi Jeffrey,
Thanks for posting your drawing.
I first thought that >>>This<<< would work, but it didn't pick up Number and Description from the Blocks.
Then I tried the LISP from >>>Here<<<. It worked perfectly for 10 blocks, but past those 10 I got this:

"Select objects:
; error: bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT nil"

So I think that LISP could be fixed, but I haven't a clue how to go about doing that.
LISP attached.
Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 6 of 14
jhwfoat

No clue what a LISP is ha, but looking into it this morning. EDIT: Oh boy, downloaded the LSP file no clue what I'm doing with that. I dargged it into civil and see I can use the blocks2civil command.. But I'm stuck still.. advice on using this?

Even if if only works for 10 points I can deal with that for now and just go through drawings we need and do 10 at a time hopefully.

Message 7 of 14
TerryDotson

I exploded them before I posted this ....

In general that is NOT a good idea and usually means you won't be able to retain point numbers and descriptions afterwards.

Try the attached drawing.

Message 8 of 14
Pointdump

Jeffrey,
After dragging BLOCK2COGO_ENG.LSP into your drawing, use Command BLOCK2CIVILPOINT and it will ask you to select all the Blocks you want to convert.
The only problem is that it will only work for 10 points, and then no more. I have zero LISP skills, so I don't know what to do to fix it.
Dave

B2CP_1.png

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 9 of 14
jhwfoat

I used a lisp that was posted above called ep2cd3 I think, something along those lines and it worked for all the nodes in my drawings. Thanks again! 

Message 10 of 14
Pointdump

Jeffrey,
Attach the LISP to your post and hit the "Accept Solution" Button.
Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 11 of 14
jhwfoat

This is a LISP I found that seems to work.. Only problem I run into is some of our old drawing files the eagle point nodes are on different layers, I tried making them the POINTS layer and running the lisp command again but it isn't recognizing them still for some reason, but not a huge deal to add the missing points in manually.

Message 12 of 14
Jeff_M

Post the drawing please.  Never mind, just saw that it was in the first post.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 13 of 14
Jeff_M

@jhwfoat try the attached lisp which I modified to just look for blocks with attributes and only create a cogopoint if the block has at least one attribute and one of those has the PN tag.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 14 of 14
Pointdump
in reply to: Jeff_M

Hi Jeff,
Nice! Works good!
Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report