Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment Disappearing

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
M!chelle
3576 Views, 2 Replies

Alignment Disappearing

Running Civil 3D 2019.  Every time I get close to my final design, save out my drawing and reopen it, my alignment disappears from the toolspace site.  It's still alive and showing in the drawing - (sometimes) says it's on the original site - but when I save it all disappears.  I've moved it to a new site and moved it back, tried saving and it still keeps bugging out.  Can anyone help me solve this issue?  I don't understand what is going on and I've reworked two full days now.  I have five feature lines, one alignment, one corridor with five baselines, two profiles in this drawing with cross sections and the two surfaces.  Should I put my alignment in a file of it's own?  Corridor and cross sections in their own?  I'm beyond frustrated at this point.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hencoop
in reply to: M!chelle

I am not an expert; however, the little training I received (from Advanced Solutions) included the warning to NOT add my alignments and feature lines to a Site.  I use alignments for pipelines so my practice is limited to an alignment and a surface without ever using Sites.  I really don't know if the warning I received applies to your workflow.

AutoCAD User since 1989. Civil Engineering Professional since 1983
Product Ver.: 13.6.1781.0 Civil 3D 2024.3 Update
Built On:        U.152.0.0 AutoCAD 2024.1.2
                        27.0.37.14 Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2024.0.1
                        8.6.52.0 AutoCAD Architecture 2024
Message 3 of 3
M!chelle
in reply to: hencoop

I can't technically confirm it but I do believe this is the root issue - a belated thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report