Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stright hydraulic pipe pressure drop

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
197 Views, 1 Reply

Stright hydraulic pipe pressure drop

Hi, I'd like to validate the CFD results and have big problem. I simulated stright pipe: d=0.01 m (internal diameter), l= 1 m length mi = 0.052 Pa*s dynamic viscosity, V = 3 m/s - average oil speed, ro = 857 kg/m^3, p=0 bar outlet pressure Re=500 - laminar flow smooth pipe. I measured the pressure in the half of the length to avoid forming influence and got 0.61 bar static pressure but it should be 0.25 bar. I tried different mesh, different iteration numbers, but always pressure drop was too high and similar. It is isothermic flow. What is wrong? Please look at the model attached.

Thanks,

Wojciech

P.S. I've chosen VG 32 hydraulic oil with 40 deg.C and should get ca 32 cSt kinematic viscosity for this temperature but it was 61 cSt. Something is wrong with the library viscosity characteristics This is no big problem but still.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Today I use 1e6 elements and it looks better. The issue with library oil viscosity characteristics is still valid

Thanks,

Wojciech

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report