AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plates - Auto Generated Drawings

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
Anonymous
1300 Views, 20 Replies

Plates - Auto Generated Drawings

When I generate drawings for my profiles the description under each profile has a quantity but when I generate drawings for my plates, I do not see a quantity at all. How can I show a quantity in my description? As of now it would appear that one would have to refer to the BOM on the assembly drawings just to know how many plates would have to be fabricated.

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
zcsillag
in reply to: Anonymous

try this 😄plate qty.PNG

Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: zcsillag

This did not help. The drawings generated of the plates say Top View but still show no Qty. I also added Quantity of Positions under the tab Top View in the Dimension Style manager and still no success. I am using 2015.

Message 4 of 21
zcsillag

hmmm which template use when generate drawing ...?

use template with qty description style !

plate ....PNG

Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous

Still can not get it to show quantity. What am I doing wrong. I am using Plate - 1:5 template.

I tried using the template you show in the picture with red mark-ups but had no success with it either.

Message 6 of 21
zcsillag

cuz plate 1:5 tamplate have assign profile standard dim style and this dim style top view where qty ... ?

plate 15.PNG

Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous

I got it just before you sent the last email. Thanks.

Message 8 of 21
zcsillag

so accept solution:p
Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous

How do I make changes to a part within a model and then update my detail drawings to relfect that change in the model?

Message 10 of 21
zcsillag

Change modell and update drawing/detail .... drawing/detail made from modell data :P

Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous

When I go to my printouts section and I double click on drawing 8 it will not bring that drawing up on the screen where I can see it and it is ok and up to date. What's going on?

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous

If I have a model that has 3 different elevations of floor steel, how do I create an Erection Plan Drawing at each elevatin instead of one plan view looking on the whole structure. This is unclear for the call outs, elevations, and steel locations? 

Message 13 of 21
zcsillag

uppload project file

Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 14 of 21
zcsillag

make standard group and attach document like top view or side view.

acop.PNG

etaj.PNGaxb.PNG

Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous

I have created a side view, a front view, and a plan view but I need to create 3 different plan views each one showing the floor steel at a particular level in elevation. See attached file.

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous

Since I have updated my model and shop drawings, I now have 3 parts with their position gone. If I assign these parts a new position, will the correct drawings be updated or will they be place on a different drawing? How can I prevent this from happening in the future?

Message 17 of 21
zcsillag

make group 1, 2, 3 ...etc and attach document top view

group.PNG

Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 18 of 21
Anonymous

I tried doing that. I created a group for the steel group 1 and when I created the the top view it still shows all the steel above that level. What am I doing wrong?

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous

I am having the same problem with the side view and front view I created. The progam is calling out steel that is beyond what you see causing a lot of confusion. How do I tell the program to call out just what is in the fore ground?

Message 20 of 21
Anonymous

I have some assymblies missing on my drawings. They show up in the model and have a position but if you go to the drawing where they are located they are not there but they show up in the bom and also I also have items that are bom but are not in the drawing nor the model nor do they have a position. I have tried to update the drawing but it causes me to crash.

What is going on?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips