AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Pipe Support from Spec

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
R.Hoesel
545 Views, 4 Replies

Change Pipe Support from Spec

Hi all,

First AutoCAD PLANT 2020.

my question is how I can change a pipesupport from spec to another type. I created a PipeSupportSpec with the manufacturer we ar mostly using. In first step we place our support and after stress calculation we sometimes have to switch types. With normal PipeSpecs we are able to change for Instance beetween different valve types available at the special nominal diameter by clicking the light blue triangle at the component. This function doesn´t work for pipe supports, but would be needed to change pipe support types easily instead of deleting the old and placing the new one. Is there any solution for this or may I put it to the wish-board for Plant3D?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
h_eger
in reply to: R.Hoesel

Hallo @R.Hoesel ,

Pipe supports have no substitution function.
Pipe Supports keep your information if the nominal diameter changes.

So this desired function comes on the wish list 😉

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
R.Hoesel
in reply to: h_eger

Dear h.eger,

thanks a lot. I will put it to the wish list soon. 🙂
Its not only the changing diameter, but also same diameter but different type of support like, loose, guide or fixed. I put on item 3 times to my Spec for proper isometric symbol. So if I have to cahnge from loose to guide it would be nice just using substitution function.

Message 4 of 5
R.Hoesel

can´t find the way to the wish list. May you send me a link?

Much thanks!🙏

Message 5 of 5
h_eger

bitte

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-plant-3d-p-id-ideas/idb-p/48 

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost