AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Pipe Weld Gaps

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tar0712
159 Views, 2 Replies

2024 Pipe Weld Gaps

Working in Plant 3D,  model space.  some of my pipes have weld gaps and some don't.  when i go to Project manager and check off weld gaps, then tell it OK.  Plant removes weld gaps from existing pipes, which according to the manual it won't do. 

this is before turning off weld gaps.  look at the cyan pipes.

tar0712_0-1708642883719.png

Uncheck weld gaps.

tar0712_1-1708642916948.png

And this is the final result.

tar0712_2-1708642962310.png

is there a setting I am missing?

for now my workaround is to just hit Ctl-Z after changing the pipe gap.  it keeps the setting and puts the gaps back.

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Michiel.Valcke
in reply to: tar0712

The piping gap is normally following changes made in the project setup (the exception is fitting to fitting gaps, because that would change the position of the component)

The command that gets executed to sync the weld gaps to the current project setup is SYNCHSTYLES. If you undo the command you'll get the gaps back. 
There is a system variable to control when and how the synchstyles command is invoked called SYNCSTYLESMODE.

Set the SYNCSTYLESMODE to 0 and your models will no longer update after changing the project setup.

Message 3 of 3
tar0712
in reply to: tar0712

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost