Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom MVPart creates weird hatches in model

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
joshua.giffen
473 Views, 7 Replies

Custom MVPart creates weird hatches in model

Hello. I am using MEP 2014, and creating clevis hangers as an MVPart (I want them parametric). I'm at the point where I'm testing them out, and they seem to work OK except they are bringing in these weird hatches which shouldn't be there. Anyone know why these would be popping up, and how I can get rid of them and/or prevent it from happening? Screenshot below, and dwg attached.

Admittedly, I do not have much experience creating/using MVParts - although I'm not a stranger to creating and working with regular pipe fittings - so it could possibly be user error on my end.

Capture.JPG

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Right-click the part,go to Edit Mvpart Style:mvpart hatch.JPG

You have just opened a can of worms called the Display Manager, It is a pig until you tame it. Acad Architecture has some good resources and tutorials.

======================================================

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solved your issue.

Intel 7740x - Quadro 6000 - 32Gb RAM - CADmouse - Logitech G710
Message 3 of 8

Thanks CADmonkey! I had a hunch it was something like that. I need to look into how to "tame the pig" here soon, because it drives me nuts! 🙂
Message 4 of 8

"worm-pig", I think you'll find...

I learnt most of Stylemanager/Displaymanager/PropertySets from Acad Architecture tutorials, despite me being 100% MEP

Message 5 of 8

Interesting. Being fully MEP myself, I wouldn't have thought that either.

Message 6 of 8

A big part of the Revit workflow is closely related to MEP/ACA workflow. All the Project Navigator stuff is gold if you move on to Revit and the Style Manager/ Display Manager and Property Sets are all there in Revit one way or another.

Architectural Desktop had all this first, then later on AutoCAD MEP was born. All the MEP tutorials I saw were about joining a duct to a grille and not about Publishing, Sections, Sheets, etc.

By the time I moved over to Revit, I had Acad MEP singing.

Message 7 of 8

I'll definitely have to do my homework in the ACA realm, then. 

As far as history, I'm going in the opposite path as you have... I was with a company for about 12 years, using AutoCAD w/ PD3D and made the move over to Revit. Was using that for detailing and takeoff, then last year switched to a company that uses AutoCAD MEP, of which I have had 0 experience using. I tell you, it's been a self-taught uphill climb.

Message 8 of 8

Using Project Navigator properly is the first step. Use it to Attach/detach xrefs, open drawings, set up Scales and Views.

acadMEP coord1.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost