Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create junction box between conduit and cable tray

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jtm2020hyo
1003 Views, 2 Replies

create junction box between conduit and cable tray

exist any way to insert automatically a junction box (if possible condulet or custom junction box) between conduit EMT and Cable Tray?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JianStewart
in reply to: jtm2020hyo

I am not very sure your requirements, but there might be few options to meet the similar requirements:

1. You may create a special Mvpart which has the conduit and cable tray connectors, when you need to connect the cable tray and conduit, you may insert this Mvpart to connect them;
  2. Because actually cable tray and conduit are two different systems, you may create a special fitting like a tee which includes two cable tray connectors and one conduit, then enter the Style Manager and conduit/cable tray routing preference, set this special fitting as a regular used fittings. After that, when you draw this system, you should see this fitting under the necessary senarios.

Hope this helps.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Stewart Li
Senior QA of AutoCAD

Message 3 of 3
jtm2020hyo
in reply to: JianStewart

@JianStewart wrote:

I am not very sure your requirements, but there might be few options to meet the similar requirements:

1. You may create a special Mvpart which has the conduit and cable tray connectors, when you need to connect the cable tray and conduit, you may insert this Mvpart to connect them;
  2. Because actually cable tray and conduit are two different systems, you may create a special fitting like a tee which includes two cable tray connectors and one conduit, then enter the Style Manager and conduit/cable tray routing preference, set this special fitting as a regular used fittings. After that, when you draw this system, you should see this fitting under the necessary senarios.

Hope this helps.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

I found an image about I was searching for.

imagen.pngimagen.png

... I just have a last request, is it possible for a video to check how should I start? I am very new to AMEP.

PD: in the image, the condulet device works like junction box of 2 in x 2 in x 4 in

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost