Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding "Length extended by neighbored fittings" to a Conduit and fittings sched

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
582 Views, 5 Replies

Adding "Length extended by neighbored fittings" to a Conduit and fittings sched

Hello All,

I am trying to add the conduit elbow lengths to the total length of conduit runs in a Conduit and Fitting Schedule (almost created a tongue twister here)... I have 8 floors on conduit that I would like to schedule in one shot. I have used BOM, but I do not know how to sort the columns and put sub-totals in that..yet!

Is there a brave soul that can shed some light into this??? I included a snapshot of the schedule mentioned. Thank you in advanced.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Pothman
in reply to: Anonymous

I'll give this a try:

First you will need to add a total to the Length column:

ConduitScheduleTotal.png

Then go to the Sorting/Grouping tab and select Add and add a sort group for the Nominal Connection and also select Display Subtotals for Group.

ConduitScheduleGroup.png

That should result in something like this:

ConduitSchedule.png

I will also attach my file.

Dave Pothier

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

If you change your preferences to use bent conduit or concentric bends the schedule will report the length of the 90's. Probably to

late now. Personally I like the bent conduit although it is harder to schedule the total length. 

Also try RUNLENGTH and RUNLENGTHALL. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Pothman

Hello Pothman, I see the total lengths for the straight pieces , but not for the bent segments. Somehow, the BOM (bill of materials) command does add them up and I cannot find the formula it uses so I can implement that in a conduit and fittings table. There has got to be a way!

Message 5 of 6
Pothman

I don't see any way to add the conduit fitting length in the schedule but the RUNLENGTH command does seem to give the total length of the run including the fittings as Hertz_Hound mentioned. You pick the start segment and the end segment and it gives you the length but I can't see how to get this into a schedule.

Dave Pothier

Message 6 of 6
VitalyF

Hi,

See this example for Schedule Table

Extending Neighboring Conduit in Custom Schedules

You can also group the conduit length by Style Name, System Name or another properties.

Vitaly

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report