AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leader Text Help

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
DavidTunnard
411 Views, 4 Replies

Leader Text Help

Hi all,

I'm drawing up connectors in AutoCAD which are usually all different sizes. I draw them to scale and then scale up or down as needed when showing them in a drawing. I scale them in the model workspace and not within a drawing viewport.

My issue is that I do not want the sizes of the text to be scaled with the connector drawing as I end up with text of all different sizes on my drawing. Is there anyway to stop this from happening?

Thanks,

David

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: DavidTunnard

You can either:
- Switch to do scaling with viewports and use Annotative text and dimensions (they autosize).
or
- Do what you do but then create additional text styles and dimstyles for each scale and manually switch everything every single time you need to plot.

How would you like to proceed? I should note that almost all of us do the first thing since time is money and we'd rather send out more drawings in a day than waste it setting up print jobs for one or two.

Message 3 of 5
DavidTunnard
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the info! It would seem my decision has been made for me. Option 1 seems the best way to go. But will the changes with regards to the text height be shown in the model workspace, or only when I print?

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: DavidTunnard

In modelspace you have to keep an eye on your CANNOSCALE setting, you want it to always match your viewport scale. That's the old-school way of doing it.

The other easier option is once you set your viewport scales you start working through the viewport: if your PC specs are on par or above requirements for your year version, use VPMAX command to fully enter the viewport to work in (VPMIN gets you back out) and just skip modelspace for constant back-and-forth work.

Give it a try right now and see.

Message 5 of 5
DavidTunnard
in reply to: pendean

Hi again,

Thanks for the tips. I have been trying them out for the past week with some success. However I am still struggling to easily change text size on all the leader notes. Is there a way to make a style for/layer that I can put them on?

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost