AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Materials are not visible when importing FBX to autocad

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1323 Views, 6 Replies

Materials are not visible when importing FBX to autocad

Hi,

I have been trying to import .fbx to autocad with materials but thus far have been only able to get mesh visible. The fbx is exported from Autodesks Remake and it should be made for Autocad. The mesh size is reasonable (20mb). Any ideas why materials are not visible?

Funny fact: The materials are shown in Microstation when I import the fbx into it, so I guess the material properties should be included into the file.

Really hope someone can help me with this problem!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

have you verified that the FBX file really contains materials? And are you referring to just material or textures too?

Which version of Map3D do you have? Which service pack is installed on top of it. And what operating system is your workstation running?

If you can share the FBX model then we can look on our systems to get it working.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi!

Here is partial FBX of my model. Hopefully you can get it visible in autocad.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

And the answers for your questions.

MAP 3D 2016 version: R20.1.107.0.12

I am pretty sure that the file contains required materials since it opens up neatly in Microstation and it might be that I am talking about textures.

Message 5 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I am pretty sure that the file contains required materials

Yes, I can see the material in FBX-viewer, in 3DS-Max as well as with Navisworks.

But sorry, I can't get it imported into AutoCAD too.

What will you do with the object on AutoCAD, what is the job to do?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Hi!

Thanks for confirming that it cannot be imported to Autocad. Since I am working with infrastructre and our main tool is, at least for now, Map 3D the FBXs created from Remake would make a great addition to our work flow. We are still in test phase what this can be used for and especially how.  Do you have any idea if it could be opened with Civil 3D?

Message 7 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> Do you have any idea if it could be opened with Civil 3D?

Sorry, no, not any AutoCAD based product (so AutoCAD and verticals like Map3D, Civil3D, ...) seems to import the material texture.

>> working with infrastructre

Look to Autodesk InfraWorks (>>>click<<<), maybe that is a tool you like and which helps for your work (and yes, this can add FBX incuding textures.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report