AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define Object Class - AcMapBulkFeature?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
RDunkley
619 Views, 4 Replies

Define Object Class - AcMapBulkFeature?

Hi

After adding an ArcSDE Connection I am trying to Define an Object Class.

When I select an object, whether it's pipes or other data I am only seeing AcDbEntity>AcMapBulkFeature in the Applies To tab...?

I am new to this and would appreciate any tips to point me in the right direction.

Also, for the 'Draw' function in queries to work do I need to have object classes defined, or could this be linked to the same issue?

Regards.
Ross.

Object Classification.PNG

Currently using Civil 3D 2022
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Murph_Map
in reply to: RDunkley

You are trying to use two different features of Map3D that don't work well together. First if you connected to an ArcSDE server you are using FDO (Feature Data Objects) 

The Define Feature Object Class dialog you show is for AutoCAD Objects not FDO objects. Therefore when you click on a line that is from the ArcSDE connections it shows as a BulkMapFeature. 

What is your objective or are you wanting to do? 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 5
RDunkley
in reply to: Murph_Map

Hi Murph,

You're right, I think I was trying to do two seperate things...

What I want to do is;

- Connect to the SDE and view the available Schema (Which I have managed to do)

- Using the Query Command on the Map Explorer tab, bring the data in as AutoCad objects using the 'Draw' query mode...

(This is where I get messages telling me that 'No objects have this property in the source drawing..')

Do you know what I am doing wrong?

Regards.

Ross.

Map 3D Query.PNG

Message 4 of 5
Murph_Map
in reply to: RDunkley

The draw query mode only works on AutoCAD objects to start with. What you can do is use the "_mapexportcurrentmaptodwg" command to convert the SDE connected layers to dwg format. Another option is use Mapimprt to import the data to create AutoCAD objects from the SDE server, you may need to create a shp file in ESRI first of you data or use the "mapimportfdo" command. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 5
RDunkley
in reply to: Murph_Map

Thanks Murph!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost