AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect to ArcSDE

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
Anonymous
3600 Views, 24 Replies

Connect to ArcSDE

We've recently updated to 2015 with the whole suite of Autodesk (Civil 3D, Map, etc) and have ArcMap 10.2.2 and are unable to connect via Arc SDE.  I copied the typical DLL files to the appropriate fdo/bin folder and made sure it is pathed in the options in both Map and Civil 3D.  I even tried copying other DLLs like suggested in other posts.  However, when making the connection, it appears the connection is made (no error when we enter user id and password), but the pull down menu doesn't populate with data to add to CAD.  (Although there is not a connection listed in the Data Connections list.) Trying to determine where the problem is.  Anyone have any ideas?  We've tried this on a couple of computers in our office and seem to get the same result.  Any help would be appreciated!!  I've reached out to AutoDesk through our subscription service and while they say 10.1 is supported versions of 10.2 so far are not, so I'm trying to seek help here.

24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
jnel
in reply to: c4az57b

Hi 

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2017\Map\bin\FDO, if you have a Suite or collection, map and Civil3D share the same libraries and it should work

If you have separate installs it will need to be in both.

Please note that 3 files will not help. you need all the below dll's

gsrvrmssql102.dll

gsrvrsql102.dll

icudt44.dll

icuuc44.dll

pe.dll

sde.dll

sdemssqlsrvr102.dll

sg.dll

xerces-c_3_1.dll

Message 22 of 25
c4az57b
in reply to: jnel

Thanks for the reply,

The only files that i *cannot* find from your list are listed below:

- gsrvrmssql102.dll
- gsrvrsql102.dll
- sdemssqlsrvr102.dll

I will add the files I have found into the folder suggested and see
what happens.

We are currently running with ARC map/cat products at 10.4.1
I would assume our esri server version is at least 10.4 also.
Message 23 of 25
bmsingh

Hi jnel,

I am also trying to connected AutoCAD map 3d 2018(64 bit) to work with ArcSDE 10.2.1(32 bit) on SQL Server 2008 R2, Standard using the ArcSDE provider.

I have copied all the required dlls (64 bit, as per your comment) in the Map/Bin/FDO directory.

But I am getting the below error.

"No SDEHOME environment variable set (-95)

Failed to open ArcSDE connection. "

any idea about this?

I have not done any entry in C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\services file. is it necessary to make a entry in this file? If yes, can you please help me with the format for 10.2.1?

one more thing, ArcGIS client is not installed on my machine on which I am running the AutoCAD.

Any suggestion will be a great help.

Thanks in Advance.

Message 24 of 25
jnel
in reply to: bmsingh

Hi @bmsingh 

Best article to follow

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-map-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

Your problem is that your SDE is 32 bit (really in 2021 😊 )  and Autodesk no longer make 32 bit software.  You need to get 64 bit sde dll’s

Tags (2)
Message 25 of 25
bmsingh

@Anonymous

I have copied all the required 64 dlls in the Map/Bin/FDO directory.
after this I am able to login successfully.

But Data store drop down is blank.
I tried with entering my schema name that resulting in :

"Cannot connect to database because the database client software failed to load. Be sure the database client software is installed and configured correctly. (-324)
Failed to open ArcSDE connection."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost