Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title block displays fine on all other computers except mine.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1371 Views, 5 Replies

Title block displays fine on all other computers except mine.

Hello,

I've been searching for an answer for weeks now, so far all I have are answers regarding line types issues.

The issue seems to be isolated only to my computer. When the same job is opened in another computer, the fonts, logos, objects & spacing looks normal. but when I opened it in my computer, this same title block will appear so differently, the fonts will have different cases and different styles, paragraphs are askew, going over bondaries of a border.

note that this problem happen only on some jobs and I have other jobs that the title block will look normal in my computer.

Is this still a linetype / scale issue?  please click attached to see a sample.

Thanks,

Alex...

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: Anonymous

My first guess would be your computer doesn't have the same exact font set as the other PCs, or at least the font set AutoCAD LT is pointing at isn't the same as the others. Have you checked the command line history to see what font-related messages you get while the drawing file opens?

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your quick response.

I re opened the file and this is what I see  after opening the file.

Substituting [simplex.shx] for [Felix Titling].
Substituting [simplex.shx] for [HLV_LP].
Substituting [simplex.shx] for [Arial Narrow].
Substituting [simplex.shx] for [OPTIMUM].
Substituting [simplex.shx] for [Felix Titling].
Substituting [simplex.shx] for [IMPRINT MT SHADOW].
Substituting [simplex.shx] for [architxt.shx].

Is this the cause? if so, how can I rectify this?  and if my computer can't find a specific font, how come the other computer can open the same file from our shared folder?  (I check and It seems that the client never supplied us a font file)

by the way, I am using LT 2011, and the other is using a 2012

Regards,

Alex

Message 4 of 6
drjohn

+1 with Bob.

Fonts are stored locally, not in the dwg file.

Go to the other systems that the file behaves properly and search the C: drive for the fonts..  The SHX fonts will be in a dir under ACAD 20xx and the TTF files are installed in Windows.

Copy the fonts from the SHX dir to your SHX dir and also get the TTF files to your system and install them thru windows there.  That should fix your issue.

Regards,

DJ

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: drjohn

Checking out the files in my computer. I shall try to copy the files over to my computer at the end of the day and I shall let you know.

Thank you Bob and DJ

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hi,

Thank you DJ and Bob, I was able to follow your leads and it works now.

Alex...
Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators