Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

save as in AutoCATLT 2010

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
511 Views, 8 Replies

save as in AutoCATLT 2010

I have been trying to save a dwg (saveas) to another dwg.. Nothing happens - no way to rename the dwg. The cursor goes around in circles forever and if I click on the drawing, the ribbon shows that it is not responding. This also happens if I want to create a new drawing. I have had 2010 for a very short time and I have been using drawings that were created in another version so I don't know why I can't saveas or create a new drawing.

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Try a repair reinstall of LT.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

I am having the same problem as noted by nbfox61.  Per suggestion I have uninstalled and reinstalled AutoCAD LT 2010, with limited success...it worked for 1 drawing, and then reverted back to not working.  Any other suggestions?

This glitch has also affected my ability to export drawings to a PDF file.  However, all other commands appear to be working.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Message 4 of 9
pendean

Set FILEDIA variable to 0 (zero): this will eliminate the pop-up in SAVEAS command and force AutoCAD to display the full path at the command line for which folder it wants to start in.

Is this folder active and available, or has it timed out (or been unplugged)?

>>>...it worked for 1 drawing...<<<

What changed since the first drawing? Is the location no longer available? Are you mobile?

What do you have REMEMBERFOLDERS variable set to in LT?

EXPORTPDF is notthing more than PLOT to PDF using the core PDF driver, can you PLOT to PDF? Does it hang?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for responding.

Set FILEDIA to zero.  I am now able to SAVEAS by typing in the destination path.  This is pretty cumbersome though, is there any way to get the pop-up back?

>>>...it worked for 1 drawing...<<<

After reinstalling AutoCAD LT, I did a quick test drawing and was able to SAVEAS with a pop-up menu, and able to Export to PDF in the Output menu, exactly the way I have been doing for the last year.  Since that test nothing has changed except the weekend came and went and I started my computer back up.

REMEMBERFOLDERS variable is set to 1.

I cannot Plot a DWG to PDF.  The driver cannot be found and it "hangs", with a "not responding" message in the ribbon, causing me to force AutoCAD closed.

Other suggestions?

Thanks again

Message 6 of 9
pendean

Did you try to PLOT to PDF as I suggested? did it hang, or did you get a PDF?

Reset FILEDIA back to 1, and try SAVEAS: does it hang? If no, does it show the last place you typed in for a path? If yes, try exporting to PDF.

Something changed on your PC/Windows over the weekend: did your server files location change, or did they add/drop a shared drive?

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Changed FILEDIA back to 1, SAVEAS no longer works either way, no pop-up or previous path shown.  CAD actually does nothing (literally) until I click somewhere on the drawing and then it spins/thinks forever and the ribbon notes CAD is not responding.

Tried to Plot to a PDF, but it just spins/thinks, exactly like the SAVEAS response.

I have now reinstalled CAD again today, and everything worked....for only 1 drawing.  As soon as I closed the drawing and reopened it the problems were back.  The only thing I did was add the saveas button to the Quick Access tool bar.  Nothing else changed in my working environment, no file locations changed.

Message 8 of 9
pendean

Restart Windows, then restart LT, does the problem go away? For one drawing?

Windows Task Manager, is WSCOMMCTR still running after you shut down LT? Kill it and try again with LT, does it work? For only one drawing? Is WSCOMMCTR running after you close LT?

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Restarted windows and LT = problem still there.

WSCOMMCTR1.exe is running once LT is opened and after LT is shut down.  End the process during LT session and after LT is shut down, restart LT = problem still there.

Thanks for suggesting so many solutions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators