Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Res PDF Creation

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
809 Views, 6 Replies

Low Res PDF Creation

I work at an arena in Austin, TX and am looking for a way to create a low res pdf version (printable) of our arena layouts (bowl seating area, floor, etc).  Currently I am creating 3MB to 5MB pdfs and when we send to third parties it takes forever for them to flatten and print.  To curb this issue currently I use the pdf to take a sreen shot, create a picture file, paste and fit to a word doc then convert back to pdf... there has to be an easier way to do this... any insight?

Looking for a way ideally to create low res pdfs straight from AutoCAD 2010 LT. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

To stop "flattening", you need to stop adding layers information to your PDF: turn off INCLUDE LAYER INFORMATION in the DWG to PDF Driver (you get to edit with PLOTTERMANAGER command, double-clicking on the PDF driver, Device Settings Tab>Custom properties...).

You also turn off LINES MERGE option in Merge Controls for teh same PC3 file (same location as above, except Merge Controls instead of Custom properties). This also adds layers information to PDF files.

Message 3 of 7
Charles_Shade

Does LT 2010 have DWG to PDF. pc3?

If so open your Plot manager, set printer to DWG to PDF, Properties,Device and Doc Settings tab, Custom Properties, Custom Properties, and change the Gradients.

Same should be able to be done with whatever PDF driver you are using.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 4 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Yes it has it, but I'm not sure it has the Gradients option.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the insight.  I've lowered the gradient levels as low as I can, taken off the layering information, etc. and am still getting tons of flattening (takes several minutes to print).  Any other ideas? 

Message 6 of 7
pendean

Did you address Line Merge?

You may need to give up on gradient hatches, they are layers too, regardless of settings.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Yes, I currently have lines overwrite in the merge control area of the plotter configs. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators