Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed Editing a Block Authoring Palette

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
heinsite
522 Views, 5 Replies

Help Needed Editing a Block Authoring Palette

Can someone walk me thru the process of replacing a parameter on the Parameters tab of the Block Authoring Palette in LT2012?  In an absent minded moment I accedently deleted the Base Point parameter from this palette and I'd rather have it back than use the ribbon. Figuring out how to put it back on an Authoring palette has not been as simple as editing a "regular" tool palette.

I have not tried it yet, but would anI import of a "good" set of Parameters from a 2011 installation work?  I have that on another computer if it would.

Thanks!

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
heinsite
in reply to: heinsite

>,,, would an import of a "good" set of Parameters from a 2011 installation work?

A:  Yes.  It did.

I would still be interested in how to solve this using the CUI however, if that's possible.  I wasn't able to find a way.  There's something unique about the Authoring palettes I don't yet understand.

Dave.

Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 3 of 6
Charles_Shade
in reply to: heinsite

Or... and you will love this;

Right click a Parameter on that Tab

Copy / Paste back into the Tab

Right click what you just Pasted

Properties

Change the Type to Basepoint (Along with name and description as you see fit)

OK

Also - If you Right click on the image in the Properties dialog you can change the image as well.

I'll leave it to you to track down where they are kept. Too lazy here. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 6
Kate_LT
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Totally going to steal that for a blog post...with proper attribution, of course. 🙂

Kate Morrical
Technical Marketing Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
LT Unlimited
Message 5 of 6
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Kate_LT

I hope you will let me know where those Icons are.

We have been doing Lookup Actions with multiple Lookup Parameters over in Dynamic Blocks for a while. That's where I learned this.  Came from a Ukranian.

Added my own Point Stretch Parameter set to the Palette. Easy but helpful

Message 6 of 6
heinsite
in reply to: Kate_LT

Kate:  That's only fair considering how much I've stolen from you over the last couple of years!  Smiley Very Happy

Charles:  You're right!  I do love that trick.  As much as I played around with right clicking and properties in that palette this monkey never tried that combination.  Very cool.

Dave.

Dave Hein, P.E.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators