Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing Problem

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
dreeve4YRBT
546 Views, 6 Replies

Publishing Problem

I am trying to publish a number of different layout pages (all 11x17) from different drawings into a single pdf. I want to use the publish function to do this, but for some reason it keeps shifting my drawing down slightly. I don't seem to have this problem though if I create a pdf for each page directly using the plot function. 

Does anyone have any idea why the publish option may be shifting my views while the plot function isn't? It would save me a lot of time to use the publish command if possible. 

Thank you,

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cadffm
in reply to: dreeve4YRBT

Do you talk about a few units? and is pagesetup set to the same plotter and papersizes like other layouts without that problem?

I am thinking there is a other papersize (or non printable border), the paperName is all the same.
Acad check printable area of pagesize, searching for the best match in used publish-driver (dwg to pdf.pc3 for example, you controle that in publish dialog).
Best match = for Acad its the nearest format to yours, sometimes it is smaller or have bigger borders)

Screenshot of publish dialog and the dwg for us could help us for help you.
Modelspace Data is not important.
- Sebastian -
Message 3 of 7
pendean

paper margins differ from printer to printer, that applies to PDF as well.
You are probably assuming all margins are good for the PDF option you've selected but they are too small in reality, so you get the shift.

There is no magic button of a fix: each of your pagesetups (and titleblocks/boundary boxes) need to accommodate the widest margins to avoid these issues when you suddenly change output devices. This is basic printing 101 regardless of software. Try it out.
Message 4 of 7
ryan.bales

It likely depends on the page setup and plot styles as mentioned before. Each sheet should be checked to verify they are setup the exact same. 

I used to see this when one or two sheets had a slightly different style.

How are you selecting the page setup in publish? 

Ryan Bales
Fusion 360 Product Support
Message 5 of 7
dreeve4YRBT
in reply to: pendean

How are you going about setting the margins for each of your plots?

Message 6 of 7
pendean

1. identify the the device/driver with the widest margins (more often than not it's your HP device or any free PDF driver for Windows).
2. Use that knowledge when using PAGESETUP to create each of your stock/standard layouts for all the sheet sizes you use.
3. Save this file as your template.
4. Use PSETUPIN command to use only these newly created pagesetups for all of your layouts.
5. Alternate to #4: use PAGESETUP command to fix all of your existing layouts.
Message 7 of 7
dreeve4YRBT
in reply to: ryan.bales

When using the publish function should I be selecting the "plotter named in page setup" or the "pdf" option? I've attached a picture of my publish set up to try and help. 

Also when setting up a layout using the page setup manager, would you select going with the DWG To PDF.pc3 for the printer/plotter or go with the driver for the printer that I have here in the office? 

Thank you all

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost