Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Seamlessly Scroll Through Layers Toolbar

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
613 Views, 6 Replies

Cannot Seamlessly Scroll Through Layers Toolbar

For about a week now I've been experiencing a strange issue with my AutoCAD LT 2022. I have my layers toolbar docked to the right side of my working space, and normally I am able to scroll through layers just by hovering over the toolbar. Recently, AutoCAD has not been recognizing this functionality and continues to zoom in / out of the drawing even when I am trying to scroll through my layers. The only way I can scroll through the toolbar now is by clicking on it first and then scrolling. This seems like a minor issue, but it has really affected my productivity.

For additional context, I updated my Windows 10 around the time this issue started, and it was also presenting the same issue when I was switching between CAD and the file explorer. I just had an IT professional out to look at my computer's many issues, and he was able to fix the scrolling issue between CAD and the file explorer, but the problem persists within CAD. Has anybody experienced this same thing and know how to fix it?

Screen recording of the issue is attached.

Labels (5)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
vinodkl
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

Seems strange. The crosshair has a mouse pointer attached to it. Try updating AutoCAD 2022 with the latest update 2022.1. This might fix the issue. I merely remember that some issue with the crosshair was fixed in update 2022.0.1 🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: vinodkl

@vinodkl  I just updated to 2022.1, but the issue remains. The only thing that appears to have changed is my crosshair no longer has a cursor attached to it.

Message 4 of 7
vinodkl

Hi @Anonymous 

I was hoping that the update would fix the issue. If the AutoCAD 2022 install is fresh, then I would suggest resetting AutoCAD to defaults and see if that resolves the problem, If not then you need to uninstall AutoCAD completely and then reinstall.

ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
Message 5 of 7
pendean

Q: if your LAYER palette was undocked does the issue go away?

Q: What mouse/driver are you using?

You are using LT2022.1, as am I, and I am not seeing this issue with LAYER palette undocked (on my second monitor or primary monitor) here. You are experiencing loss-of-focus in Windows, this could be a mouse setting.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

@pendean

A: The issue does go away when the LAYER palette is undocked.

A: I am using the Dell mouse that came with the OptiPlex 7050 station I am using. The driver version listed is 10.0.19041.1

Message 7 of 7
pendean

>>>...The issue does go away when the LAYER palette is undocked....<<<
Go to your Account Page and create a support ticket for it to report the issue (find and click on the ? icon), looks like a bug, here is the link https://manage.autodesk.com/home/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost