Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set UCS to a façade survey (total station points)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
305 Views, 4 Replies

Set UCS to a façade survey (total station points)

I need to draw a façade based on points imported from a total station survey but because the points are in the Z axis I can't trace the façade of the building.

How can I change the user view so that I can overdraw the imported points and create a line drawing of the façade of the building surveyed. 

@22002212 Edited by moderator

Labels (1)
  • ucs
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: 22002212

Lines [that is, LINE entities specifically] can be drawn with different-Z ends.  And 3DPolylines can have different-Z vertices.  Either way you should be able to draw from point to point [I don't work with station points, but I assume either NODe or INSertion object snap will snap to them], without changing the UCS, but changing only the view direction so you can see the points you want.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 5
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Thanks for the feedback. Turning on Node really helped, but I still can't draw in the XZ axis.

I think I may have found a solution by rotating the X axis through 90 degrees. 

Message 4 of 5
Kent1Cooper

@22002212 wrote:

.... I still can't draw in the XZ axis. ..... 

I would understand if you were drawing Polylines, or Arcs, or Circles, or Text, or..., but not Lines or 3DPolylines, either of which can go anywhere in 3D.  What are you drawing, exactly?  And what is your OSNAPZ System Variable setting [read about it in Help]?

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 5 of 5
ParishSouthBdx

i probably dont understand, but could you not use ORBIT, tilt the drawing thus exposing the z points, set the ucs to front and begin tracing?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report