Did you mean: 

Printing to PDF orientation rotated 90 CW

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
32700 Views, 14 Replies

Printing to PDF orientation rotated 90 CW

The issue I am having is when ever I Print to PDF a page in landscape it is automatically rotated in the PDF file. I am looking for a way to make the Landscape drawings stay landscape. and portrait drawing stay portrait in the PDF file. I am trying to eliminate the part where I have to open each file to rotate it 90 CCW back to landscape.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
nigel.blythe
in reply to: Anonymous

What PDF writer are you using ?. I normally use the DWG to PDF setting in plot but have found that if using a PDF writer (i.e. Cute PDF etc) that they have a tendancy to automatically rotate the plot.

Message 3 of 15
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

I know that issue only when using the Adobe printer.

Please use "DWG to PDF.pc3" or "AutoCAD PDF (General documentation).pc3" instead and I'm quite sure it will work.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 15
pendean

This image always tells you what you are going to get based on your choices, so you need to try something else:

Capture.PNG 

So do it like this:

Capture.PNG 

HTH

Message 5 of 15
s.borello

This has happened to me before using the virtual printer adobe pdf... I use dwg to pdf.pc3 and all is well. 

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

is there a way to keep these setting in autocad for every file we open? 

Message 7 of 15
S.Faris

The reason is as you can see in the Plot dialog, What you are setting there is a Drawing Orientation, and not he Sheet Orientation. To Rotate the sheet you need to do this inside the ADOBE PDF printer properties.

na7Jbaqec8.png

SALMANUL FARIS

Message 8 of 15
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> is there a way to keep these setting in autocad for every file we open? 

A page setup is saved in the file, so all files where you have assigned the Adobe printer to the layout these are having that setting. You need to change that.

For new drawings you can prepare your own template which has layouts assigned to the AutoCAD internal PDF-printers. Every time you start with that template you'll have this as default.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 9 of 15
kwhemans
in reply to: S.Faris

Thank you for providing a solution to this Adobe PDF plotting issue.

Message 10 of 15
johnconnelly3593
in reply to: S.Faris

I'm ashamed to admit it took me over a year to find this solution.  Although I have many qualms with Adobe in general, the plot quality and graphic simplicity cannot be matched with other PDF generators.  This solution has made my PMs much happier.  Thanks

Message 11 of 15

I've tried that but it only plots a part of the layout as shown

Message 12 of 15
TAlfieri
in reply to: J.Wanjohi

>>I've tried that but it only plots a part of the layout as shown

I had the same problem. For me, the quick workaround was to define a custom paper size (in this case, 34"w x 22"d) rather than use ANSI D Landscape. Yes, it's a kluge but I couldn't spend any more time trying to troubleshoot it.
Message 13 of 15
DEEP.PATEL56MDX

01.png02.png03.pngAfter doing this setting SAVE the pdf.and plot theAfter doing this setting SAVE the pdf.and plot the

Message 14 of 15
davidgoodpe

AutoCAD should really fix this issue. I was having problems submitting permit drawings to my Local City.

Here is the SIMPLE FIX

1. PRINT/PLOT your drawing to a PDF.

2. OPEN the File in Adobe.

3. Make sure you are in thumbnail view.

4. Right Click on the thumbnail(s) of your drawing(s) and select ROTATE.

5. Select the desired rotation.

6. SAVE the PDF.

7. You are done!

Message 15 of 15
info7UL9W
in reply to: davidgoodpe

That's not a fix; that's a work-around.  And a very annoying one if you need to plot 100 sheets.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost