Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mtext string formatting missing

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
scoopthepoop2000
1175 Views, 9 Replies

Mtext string formatting missing

I am using AutoCAD 2018. I am trying to use mutli-line text. Once I select the MTEXT I can't change anything because I don't have anything in my text edited ribbon. How do I get my text editor commands to show up? Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Right click it the text box and go down to editor settings in the dialog box and expand that. Make sure that show toolbar is checked.

Message 3 of 10

Hi @scoopthepoop2000,

Is it possible to attach a screen capture of what you see when you double-click a MTEXT object?  If the ribbon is blank, are there any other editors such as hatch or array that don't display properly?

If that is the case you might need to reset the CUI in the CUI editor.

Is this happening in all files?  Can you attach a sample file with MText that exhibits this? Can you select the Mtext and go to properties to make any changes?

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 10

Attached is a screen shot. It happens on all files that open in AutoCAD 2018. Hatch edit is there but Array is not. I can right click properties on the text and change it there but doing it this way too slow. If I need to reset the CUI how do I do it?  Thanks.

Message 5 of 10

Oops forgot the attachment.

Message 6 of 10

Message 7 of 10

Hi @scoopthepoop2000,

Type CUI in the command line to open the CUI Editor. Then you can rt-click on your menu and select Restore or Reset. If these don't work then try resetting your entire application as @TheCADnoob has suggeseted.

Capture.PNG

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 8 of 10

Ok did that but nothing is different. On the previous post from sthompson right clicking on the text editor box gets me the text formatting tool bar. Can this be put into the ribbon? Why is this tool bar not in the ribbon already? Is the only way this tool bar can be accessed now? When I loaded 2017 everything was already there I don't understand if my program is malfunctioning or if it done by design. Thanks.

Message 9 of 10

Hi @scoopthepoop2000,

This should show up in the Ribbon by default.  I am not sure why it is no longer present but the Reset Settings to Default will restore you to original installation settings.

Capture.PNG

Please try this and let me know the results.

John Vellek

Message 10 of 10

Hi @scoopthepoop2000,

I am checking back to see if the Reset fixed this condition of the ribbon not showing up properly.  Please let me know your status.

John Vellek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report