Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set all objects of several line types(linestyle1,linestyle2) that they should be linestyle 3?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dorogann
274 Views, 4 Replies

How to set all objects of several line types(linestyle1,linestyle2) that they should be linestyle 3?

I receive a file from previous person, who was working on it, but all line styles are wrong. I'm trying to fix it, precisely speaking, it schould be only 4 linestyles in the file, but for now there are 20 of them. They are pretty similar and selecting every 20 layers in each drawing with QSELECT, and then define correct linestyle ,it is pretty long time. Is there are possibility to select each object not only in 1 line type(as QSELECT did), but also in 2 line types and then define them as only one? Or there is another way to delete old types(without deletion already existing objects) and replace them with only 4 styles

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tramber
in reply to: dorogann

What about SELECTSIMILAR, a command to send with no selection, at first, if you would like to access to the settings... with P as Parameter i guess, in English....?

Once you understood how it works you will know that you need to find some lines of the types you need to select. You will select them together and ask for a SELECTSIMILAR selection, with or without the criterias of colors or layers...

The other solution is to use FILTER, an old but powerful command where you need to build a group with OR

Mine is in French 😉

début stands for begin

fin stands for end

tramber_0-1690380099741.png

Message 3 of 5
Kent1Cooper

I assume you want to change not only linetypes assigned as overrides to objects, but also those assigned to Layers, for objects whose linetype is ByLayer.

Try this:  RENAME the linetypes you don't want to give them names of linetypes you do want, then in a LINETYPE command, Load the linetypes you want, and choose Reload when it asks.

If you want things of more than one original linetype to have the same replacement linetype, some more would need to be done [you won't be able to Rename more than one to the same new name], but see how far that gets you.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 5
TomBeauford

You can select objects by <Block name/Color/Entity/Flag/LAyer/LType/Pick/Style/Thickness/Vector> with the handy Express Tool SSX as well.

Expanded versions of SSX.lsp & Getsel.lsp https://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?169472-Custom-Macro-Based-on-the-QSELECT-Command&p=1326977&vi...

64bit AutoCAD Map & Civil 3D 2023
Architecture Engineering & Construction Collection
Windows 10 Dell i7-12850HX 2.1 Ghz 12GB NVIDIA RTX A3000 12GB Graphics Adapter
Message 5 of 5
dorogann
in reply to: TomBeauford

Yes, it works perfectly for me. Thank you so much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost