Did you mean: 

Freezing layer in viewport problem

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ctnycc
3203 Views, 6 Replies

Freezing layer in viewport problem

Good day,

i have a drawing with several layers for a vehicle turning movement with each one on its own layer.  I want to be able to create a series of drawings by turning off the individual layers in each drawing in a layout tab.  the problem is the freeze layer in viewport doesnt seme to work, has anyone else experienced this or am i doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help

Regards

Colin

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
drjohn
in reply to: ctnycc

Double check these items/functions:

Make sure that you double click inside the viewport to activate it and that your xhairs are inside the MVIEW

Layer manager has the viewport settings on the far right of the layer manager and is sometimes hidden unless you scroll over to it.

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 3 of 7
steve216586

Freeze All layers and Freeze in Current viewport are two different icons in the layer manager. Make sure you use the correct one which correlates to where you intend to use it - model or paper space, universally or in a specific viewport.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 4 of 7
ctnycc
in reply to: steve216586

I think i know what the problem is, the vehicle movements are blocks, while the blocks are on a layer, the layers within the block are not turned off, don't really want to explode them is it may make the drawing messy.  might try editing the block and convert all the layers to the block layer name.

Message 5 of 7
drjohn

@ctnycc wrote:

I think i know what the problem is, the vehicle movements are blocks, while the blocks are on a layer, the layers within the block are not turned off, don't really want to explode them is it may make the drawing messy.  might try editing the block and convert all the layers to the block layer name.

You prolly don't have to edit the blocks.  Just insert them on a uniquely named layer and freeze that layer.  It should freeze that layer with all the sublayers in the block.

For example: I have a block named RTD Enclosure that is created on layer 0 (zero) and inserted on layer ELECTRICAL.  Inside that block is the latch and the hinge.  The latch is on layer LATCH and the hinge is on layer HINGE. If I turn off layer ELECTRICAL both the LATCH and the HINGE remain visible. If I FREEZE layer ELECTRICAL layers LATCH and HINGE are also not displayed.

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 6 of 7
ctnycc
in reply to: drjohn

i have just been looking at the layout of the layer properties manager, the item i have been clicking is new vp freeze,  i have right clicked and see ther is a sec tion for vp freeze, which is ticked, but it isn't there??

Message 7 of 7
ctnycc

sorted but it was tucked away right at the end and very difficult to get.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report