Did you mean: 

Drawing rotated slightly in the modeltab

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1528 Views, 3 Replies

Drawing rotated slightly in the modeltab

I have a model tab and two layout tabs.

All my lines have been drawn in the model tab and are flat.

When in the model tab alll the lines are vertical and horizontal and that checks out when I check the X an y positions.

But suddenly  when I look at the screen it now appears slighly rotated about 1-2 degrees to my screen.

Somehow how I have managed to rotate the whole drg slightly and I want to get it back to square.

Does anyone know how to do that ?

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Patchy
in reply to: Anonymous

Take a snap shot, let's see your drawing with the UCS icon ON.

or post your drawing here.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Patchy

Alas thats the only thing I can not do for security reasons.
But imagine an array of rectangles 3 x 3 9 in total.
All the y positions line up all the X positions line up but the lines appear slightly jagged.
That because the whole drg in the model tab is rotated by 1-2 degrees to my screen.
I have in the past accidentally rotated it by about ten degree but I just hit the back button.
Message 4 of 4
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Anonymous

Things could be skewed by more than one command [primarily UCS or Dview].  Most such distortions should be fixed by:

UCS command, World option

PLAN command

If that doesn't do it, you may have rotated everything, but that wouldn't jibe with your description about checking for horizontality/verticality, unless things were drawn and you checked them, in a non-World UCS, but now you're in a different one or back in the WCS.  So a sample drawing with the problem would be helpful.  If security forbids posting a complete drawing, can you just WBLOCK out relevant portions into a generic example drawing, without any sensitive information, and post that?

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost