Did you mean: 

Disabling the variable that when you accidently double click on an xref AutoCAD

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
MatTheDrafter
1569 Views, 9 Replies

Disabling the variable that when you accidently double click on an xref AutoCAD

My company just converted from AutoCAD 2013 to AutoCAD 2016. It seems that a few of the CAD operators are seeing a pop-up messaged when they accidentally double click on a xref if they want to open it. They wish to disable that feature. Because we are using Merdian, a data management system, to store all our CAD files and if they accidentally select yes means that drawings may be signed out and unable to sign back in. Which if the drawings is not sign back in correctly all the changes they have done wouldn’t be saved.  

If anyone knows what variable control that or what option that has to be turned off to prevent that message from popping up that would be helpful.

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
rkmcswain
in reply to: MatTheDrafter

+ Go into the CUI
+ Find the location where Double-Click action is assigned to Xref. (It may not be your main CUI file)
+ Remove the command assigned to it.

Alternatively, you could disable double-click actions globally (DBLCLKEDIT), but of course this will prevent all double-click actions.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 10
MatTheDrafter
in reply to: rkmcswain

Where would I locate the CUI file?

Message 4 of 10
rkmcswain

Sorry, I should have been more specific.

Run the CUI command to edit your loaded CUI(x) files.
Message 5 of 10
MatTheDrafter

What would I be exactly looking for when editing the CUI? 

Would it just the double click editing?

Message 6 of 10
rculp

once you enter the CUI editing tool it'll look like:

db1.PNG

Click the little + (plus sign) to expand the list, navigate to the bottom of the list for XREF and select it:

db2.PNG

In the right hand pane next to macro you can replace the current macro with your choice of options like CLASSICXREF, so when dbl-clicking an XREF it opens CLASSICXREF dialog box, or runs a lisp function ... or anything you desire.

Depending on where the menu is stored in your environment changing yours may have no affect on anyone else in the organization.  If your corporation has a corporate CUIX located on a network that everyone uses it probably write-protected by an admin and he'll have to make that change.  But if you're like most folks the CUIX is local and you can monkey it up all you like.

But hey, that's just me.

Randall Culp
Civil-Structural Design Technician
(aka CADaver)
Message 7 of 10
rkmcswain
in reply to: rculp

My only differing thought is:

...you can just highlight "Edit Block In-Place" and right-click and delete it. You don't need to edit the macro

If you want to place something there in the future, it's just a simple drag+drop from the bottom right pane.

Message 8 of 10
rculp

Very true Mr. McSwain, I had intended to say something like that but its been a loong day.

But hey, that's just me.

Randall Culp
Civil-Structural Design Technician
(aka CADaver)
Message 9 of 10
rkmcswain

Long one for me too @rculp - I obviously should have said "lower left" pane... where the commands live... 

Message 10 of 10
MatTheDrafter

Thank you for your assistance. I haven't done much configuring with the CUI yet but I am slowly becoming the CAD Guru of the office because I sadly play with the software.

Thank you all for your assistance. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost