Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datalinked Excel Table, Cell Heights Ignored?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
317 Views, 3 Replies

Datalinked Excel Table, Cell Heights Ignored?

Hello,

I am running into an issue where I am datalinking a table from excel and retaining excel formatting, but it seems to be ignoring the height I have set my cells to in excel. Width is (for the most part) coming through, but cell heights only are changed if the text is larger. 

I am retaining the formatting while datalinking the excel table because when I tried to apply a defined table style to my datalinked table, the table would only adhere to a portion of the style. The table style worked fine on AutoCAD tables, it was just the data linked ones that were trouble. I was able to achieve much closer to my desired outcome with retaining Excel formatting. 

I am using AutoCAD 2018.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Eric 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
j0258169
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you able to upload the CAD file with the datalink table, as well as the accompanying Excel file?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: j0258169

Unfortunately I am not able to post this information, sorry. I can do my best to describe my settings and process though, if you have any ideas.

I am using Excel 2013, which I forgot to mention in my initial inquiry. 

Message 4 of 4
j0258169
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you replace any meaningful values in the Excel files with dummy values, and upload Excel and DWG? This would be difficult to diagnose otherwise.

The only thing I can think of without seeing it would be that it has something to do with how you're referencing the values in the datalink. Sometimes I have issues with named ranges and it corrects itself when I specify an actual cell range, and vice versa.

As a general rule I avoid formatting in Excel, although when it's absolutely necessary you can get it to work sometimes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost