Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attribute Text in a Block

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
635 Views, 9 Replies

Attribute Text in a Block

Need some help with an issue, whenever I make a block with attributed text the block works just fine when I insert it into a drawing like normal.  However if I try and open the block drawing by itself the attributed text just turns into normal text after I get this message "Orphan Attdef Objects found & Converted to Text".  This problem seems to happen on two of our machines but a third co-workers machine still works fine.  Anyone have any idea what might be causing this to happen?  Any help would be much appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
steve216586
in reply to: Anonymous

Does it do the same thing if you open the block in the block editor? Whenever I have attributes in a block and try to open the .dwg file for the block, I get a warning about changing the attributes to text unless I open it in the block editor. You may have this warning shut off.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: steve216586

No thankfully, it still works properly even if you open it through the block editor.  I dont get a warning so no idea if I have it turned on or off its just odd that I can open it just fine on a co-workers machine but mine has the issue and they are set up the exact same way.

Message 4 of 10
Saiyan8

Hi There,

I’m looking for some help with annotative text in attribute text in a block.

I understand how attribute text works and in a block and annotative scales.

What I’m trying to do is to tidy up our drawings and I thought maybe a clever way is to use annotative properties in our attribute text blocks, which appears like this:

Room Number

Room Name

Area

I’ve drawn it setting the MS annotation scale at 1:100 which appears fine in PS viewport at 1:100 the problem is when I require the plan to be at 1:50 or 1:200, this creates the spacings inbetween Room Number, Room name and Room Name, Area to be either too big a space apart or the other way around they overlap each other which makes it illegible.

So I’m just wondering if there’s a way round this so that it makes the spacings between each line the same in any viewport scale?

Cheers for any replies!

Message 5 of 10
pendean
in reply to: Saiyan8

Did you try using MultiLine Attributes? otherwise, as you well know, single lines of text (and attributes) shrink independently from other text/attribute objects near them since there is nothing to tie them together (why MTEXT works but regular TEXT does not for example).
Message 6 of 10
Saiyan8
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah creating a multiple lines attribute would solve this problem but I'll lose the ability for the user to enter the three fields in the correct order, at the moment I have the three fields in individually so that the user knows where to input the room name, number and area in the correct fields.

There must be a way round this?

Message 7 of 10
Saiyan8

oh I've worked it out now!

when you select the annotative text in the multiple annotation scales you are able to move them in the position you wish, so when you view them in the different viewports they appear right!

Message 8 of 10
Saiyan8

Well I thought I've sorted it but when inserting it as a block I still have that problem when I change the annotation scale the spacings inbetween the lines are not behaving right.

Message 9 of 10
Saiyan8

YES!

I found out ATTSYNC will fix the problem!

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Are you putting annotative text inside an annotative block? If I have an annotative block with attributes, I don't make the attributes annotative as well -- let the block scale up and down with the scale and that will keep all the distances between the attributes proportionally the same.

Dan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost