Did you mean: 

Adding an element to multiple CAD files' layout at once

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
khalidaljabi
449 Views, 3 Replies

Adding an element to multiple CAD files' layout at once

Hello everyone,

I'll try my best to explain my intention and I hope you forgive my poor English.

The case I’m working on is that I have a project with over 100 drawings, each of the drawings has a different name and one layout for each.

If the client decided to add some elements in the layout, let's a new logo, I'll be needing to apply the change to all of the other drawings manually. That means, i'll open each of the files, paste the added elements, save and close. This will be a very tedious process and time consuming.

What I was hoping to find here is a LISP that simply does the following:

• I'll open one of these DWG files, add the new elements, and highlight the changes I've made to the layout. 
  • Then It will allow me to paste the data to the other files' layouts (the lisp should open each drawing and switch to layout and paste the data with respect to 0,0, save then close) and keep in mind that each drawing has one layout.

    

Tags (2)
Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Patchy
in reply to: khalidaljabi

Script Pro is what you need.

Go to Youtube and look for Insert a block into multiple drawings.

maybe this too will help:

https://www.cadtutor.net/forum/topic/55122-helpadvise-on-script-to-insert-block-to-multiple-drawings...

Message 3 of 4
RobDraw
in reply to: khalidaljabi

For future reference, if you make a title block with just the elements that are common to every sheet and XREF it into each layout, you can then make changes to one file and have them applied to every sheet. No code needed with proper planning.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 4 of 4
khalidaljabi
in reply to: Patchy

I never used scriptpro. I will try and let you know. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report