AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student version download

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1115 Views, 5 Replies

Student version download

Hi, I'd like to download a student version of Autocad for Mac. My macbook's OS is Lion 10.7.5 and am enquiring if it's possible to download the Autocad 2013 version instead? I tried looking for it on this website but couldn't find it. This is because the 2014 and 2015 versions system requirements are 10.8 or above.

If not, will I have to upgrade to 10.8 (mountain lion)?

Any advice would be great thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ntombling
in reply to: Anonymous

It is fairly typical of Autodesk to only allow the last three versions to be accessed, so you may be out of luck unfortunately. Someone at Autodesk may be able to assist further (it's outside my abilities as a general user). It is still accessible, but licensing is going to be the main problem.

AutoCAD for Mac 2012 Full Version

AutoCAD for Mac 2013 Full Version

Whether these also install on 10.7 as well could also be another challenge as the installers were updated to support 10.8 and 10.10 respectively.

In my opinion though it would be best to get the latest version you can running. The earlier versions of AutoCAD for Mac were missing lots of features when compared to the Windows counterpart. Over the years the Mac version has gained many key features. One that springs to mind is dynamic blocks.

For some basic editing, the older versions should be ok, but it really depends on what you're looking to do.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ntombling

Hi ntombling,

Thanks for advising well I'm currently studying computer aided design in college using Autocad 2015 so I agree it's probably best to get the latest version.

I've tried to download the 2013 version but a box comes up saying it doesn't support my current graphics card, which was the same message I got when I tried to download the 2015 version. Do you know what kind of graphics card I need to install?

Message 4 of 6
maxim_k

Hi,

>>>box comes up saying it doesn't support my current graphics card

Which Mac model do you own?
Look at AutoCAD for Mac System Requirements here:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-for-mac/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticle...

Maybe your Mac is too old to run any AutoCAD for Mac version - this could be Mac model fabricated in 2008 or earlier.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi, mine's is the Macbook 3,1 OSX Lion 10.7.5, it's the late 2007 model.

So if I upgrade to Mountain Lion 10.8 will that be enough to run Autocad 2015 on my macbook?

Thanks for advising

Message 6 of 6
maxim_k

Hi,
>>>>if I upgrade to Mountain Lion 10.8 will
>>>>that be enough to run Autocad 2015
>>>>>on my macbook?

I'm afraid - no. You need to upgrade your hardware, as AutoCAD will not run on 2007 Mac models.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost