AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Icons in Autocad Lt 2021 too small

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
tiffanyLS4HN
619 Views, 6 Replies

Icons in Autocad Lt 2021 too small

In past versions of Autocad, you could increase the toolbar icons under the Options section, but in the Autocad LT 2021 for Mac, it is not an option under the Look and Feel section of Options. How can I increase the toolbar icons size from being teeny-tiny?  

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: tiffanyLS4HN

What is your monitor resolution?
Message 3 of 7
tiffanyLS4HN
in reply to: pendean

Well, it was set to 2560x1440....you asking that made me reduce it to see if the buttons within CAD would change, and they do...1280x768 makes the cad buttons the ideal size, but makes everything else on the system then ginormous. In the middle at 2048x1152 is the closest there seems to be a happy medium, but not ideal. 

Are there not tool icon display customization controls within the software? 

Relying on overall screen resolution to adjust this is not ideal, making other things giant just in order to even see the tools. thanks for the help and feedback. It is at least better than it was - is that the best we can do?

Message 4 of 7
maxim_k

Hi Tiffany,

There is no official way to change size of Toolsets Palette now. There was such option in 2016 and earlier releases as you mentioned.
Look here:
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-for-mac-forum/how-can-i-change-the-text-and-thumbnails-size-i...

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 7
pendean

No, I really had no hidden meaning in my reply, but I am glad you tested it to find out more.
What size is your monitor? Is this a laptop screen?

And forgive me, this next question is not meant to be anything but respectfully inquisitive: would your issue be solved by better/newer monitor-rated reading glasses as well? That solved it for me a couple of versions ago 😉

Message 6 of 7
tiffanyLS4HN
in reply to: maxim_k

Thank you kindly for the links, @maxim_k . I hadn't found that info in my troubleshooting search. At this point, I dont think I want to get into messing with editing the source files as my lack of coding skills would likely leave me in a more dire predicament than I stand in currently. So, I will resolve to it being better, but not great with the overall monitor resolution change and fight other battles instead. 

@pendean great suggestion - The system in question is actually my boss's...I will be sure to pass on the anecdotal info. 🙂

Message 7 of 7
tiffanyLS4HN
in reply to: pendean

No, it is not a laptop...its a 2018 27" iMac. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost