AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCadLt 2016 for Mac to AutoCad for Windows

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
340 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCadLt 2016 for Mac to AutoCad for Windows

I downloaded AutoCadLT 2016 for Mac. My professor has an olderversion on his Windows PC. He's trying to show me how to use it, but the configurations from Windows to Mac are totally different. What are the equivalent buttons on Mac to Windows and viceversa? He pulled up something called design center which had all of his previous designs and saved stuff that he could just click and drag into the window to open it. How do I do that on my Mac? I dont think it's still called design center because when I searched for it there were "no results found". Also, how do I work this thing. He typed on his L@12' and could choose an angle for his line, but I had to drag mine. I'm sure there is a way to type out the command, but how? 

I am aware of the tutorials and will sit down this weekend to watch some and learn the program. But specifically I need to know what buttons on mine get me to the buttons on his. He cant help me out if he cant find certain things on my version because the name, location, or function was changed.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

Sorry, but it is naerly impossible to describe all equivalent buttons on Mac compared to Windows, because there are a lot of them. At the same time all commands and their options (if you are using them from the command line) are absolutely identical.

About your other questions:

>>>He pulled up something called design center

- there is no Design Center in AutoCAD for Mac, so uou cannot use it.

>>>> He typed on his L@12' and could choose an angle for his line, but I had to drag mine.

- in AutoCAD for Mac you enter point coordinates the same way as in AutoCAD for PC - there is no difference. For example if you start LINE command and pick first point, than you can type @12'<40 to draw line with 12' length at 40 degree.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

is there an equivalent of design center?
Message 4 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

You can try Content palette:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UtvH5h1Nic

but you can use it only for blocks: insert blocks from the external drawings.
That is all.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost